sonic cleaners

-

rbkt65

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
thinking of buying one. got a lot of greasy bolts to clean. any suggestion please. also what to use as a cleaning agent. tia.

Get the biggest most powerful one you can afford. Wimpy one aren’t worth the effort. A heater is a plus. I usually run simple green or dawn in mine.

I am all for buying new toys, I mean tools. But how many bolts do you have to do? A plastic dishpan, a little gas, and a brush (and some good gloves) will do an excellent job. Followed by hot soapy water and a new brush. That is how I clean them before tossing them in my blasting cabinet. If you have a LOT to do, go for the new tool. If not, you can save the money.

They arent cheap, if they are they arent good. Greasy parts are a no-go in them.
Do a search on here Rick, there are a few threads on them.

Bucket of 100LL with a piece of screen in the bottom to hold the hardware off the bottom. Throw them in and walk away...

havent used mine for parts cleaning but it does a great job of cleaning up vinyl
IMG_20220326_192003945.jpg

The best way to go, in my humble opinion, is a rock tumbler. I've had a Thumblers Tumbler for years, to polish brass for reloading, and small parts for my '70 Swinger 340. I use small stainless pins to wet tumble them with a bit of Dawn and some Lemmieshine. I have a vibratory tumbler that uses walnut shells or corn cobb pieces I'll sell you for the cost of shipping. No BS, PM me if you want pictures or more information. Paul.

-
Back