Soon time for hibernation!

-

EvilScamp

Reaction score
Within the next few weeks the Scamp will be going into it's winter hibernation :(
I know you warm climate guys don't have this problem but what about the rest of you when will you be storing your rides for the winter?

Any upgrades planned?

EvilScamp said:
Within the next few weeks the Scamp will be going into it's winter hibernation :(
I know you warm climate guys don't have this problem but what about the rest of you when will you be storing your rides for the winter?

Any upgrades planned?

<sigh...> I just got some good news/bad news. Due to some, shall we say...legal isuues involving my sister ( divorce related...) I'll be hanging onto my house for at least another year so she has a place to live. That's good news as I have a huge 2 car garage to get more done on my car, bad news in that Amy & me will have to wait to find OUR place and we're stuck in a small 1 bedroom co-op the size of some guys garages.

My lil` Sister..... I wish I could claim her as a dependant :roll:

So to answer Kevins question, yep. I'm gonna get in as much as I can this winter. Interior, some body work, and get the S.O.B. running strong.

I dont have a garage so mines stuck outside all winter. But It wont be driven much again till spring.

Mines already in a thousand pieces in the new garage. I will be restoring the underside, all of the suspension, fuel and brake lines to brand new during the winter. Hope to have it ready for the body and paint in the spring.

Jack

Mine is all ready in the garage up on jack stands. With the front seats, carpet, and transmission ripped out. Changing from an auto to manual transmission. Might take the front tires off to start redoing the front suspension, no big hurry. Hopefully I will have the rear suspension done also. Will also have some new interior pieces put into the car.

Well, in Kansas, we had quasi winters. You could get it out and drive on the good days, but when it turned ugly, just put her back into the garage. Now that I'm moving to Fl, guess I won't have any more winter issues. Will probably be more concerned with overheating.

Oh well, something has always got to screw with you, right :scratch:

Hotwheelsjr said:
Winter? What's that?

OK.... I'll give the same description to you that I gave to Craig out in Hawaii.

Open your refidgerator. See all that cold, icy stuff stuck to the food? That's the basic pricipal of snow. Wanna try and walk on the stuff? Strap a frozen Pork chop to the bottom of each shoe and walk on a hardwood floor. Feel free to peel an onion so your eyes are tearing.... and have a few crazed cats zig-zagging between your feet to simulate the deep, ice water puddles.... and keep your balance. Carry a full load of grocery bags or a small, screaming child to add to the experience.

Now take a few of those frozen chops and stick `em in your shorts. Get the picture? Now go stand in the rain and make believe a bus or ride is on their way. It doesn't hurt to be hungry or very late for an important meeting to add to the total effect. Pouring a bottle of ice water down the back of your shirt and into your shoes is an added bounus..... :shock:

Have a nice day :thumrigh:

When? Been in hideing now for over a week. Snows already flying here, not a lot -Not by Alberta Standards- But its here and temps are dropping. She wont see daylight untill May. Drivieng season is pretty short at times, but I found a garage this winter. A salesman from work doesn't use his so after some cleaning $50 a month and a key to the place suits me fine.

EvilScamp said:

Any upgrades planned?

For us warm climate guys, winter is when we finally come outside to work on our cars. (at least those of us who work inside all day) It's too da.. hot in the summer. September thru May are the good months.

Cuda66 said:
For us warm climate guys, winter is when we finally come outside to work on our cars.......

I knew a guy in Phenoix who couldn't drive his ragtop until Oct. with the top down. Instant bacon during the summer. :(

fastbackcuda said:
I dont have a garage so mines stuck outside all winter. But It wont be driven much again till spring.

Hey Adam,if you have a place for it you may want to look into an instant garage.Don't laugh they are very durable infact i bought one this summer for my Scamp and it will also be in there for the winter since my Duster is in the garage in pieces.
I got mine from Northern Tool Company if your interested i can give you more info. and their number. :)

I keep mine daily in one of those tent garages with 2" pipe frame. I've had it for 10 years. Replaced cover twice. Good deal. :thumrigh:

FASTBACK340 said:
Hotwheelsjr said:
Winter? What's that?

OK.... I'll give the same description to you that I gave to Craig out in Hawaii.

Open your refidgerator. See all that cold, icy stuff stuck to the food? That's the basic pricipal of snow. Wanna try and walk on the stuff? Strap a frozen Pork chop to the bottom of each shoe and walk on a hardwood floor. Feel free to peel an onion so your eyes are tearing.... and have a few crazed cats zig-zagging between your feet to simulate the deep, ice water puddles.... and keep your balance. Carry a full load of grocery bags or a small, screaming child to add to the experience.

Now take a few of those frozen chops and stick `em in your shorts. Get the picture? Now go stand in the rain and make believe a bus or ride is on their way. It doesn't hurt to be hungry or very late for an important meeting to add to the total effect. Pouring a bottle of ice water down the back of your shirt and into your shoes is an added bounus..... :shock:

Have a nice day :thumrigh:

LOL!! I'm originally from the Albany, NY area. I lived there for my first 18 years of life!! I know all about what you are describing and that was the funniest description of winter I have seen in a VERY long time!! LOL!!

As far as rain goes, Craig, I wish we would get some...that's something we get VERY little of. I have spent 13 years in the Pacific (Okinawa and Philippines) so I know all about the rain you speak of. I kind of miss it here!! LOL!!

Lastly...the remark about having the top down in the summer...how true, how true. No tops go down between June and October. :thumrigh:

It got cold here last night...dropped to 62. Expecting high 50's the next two nights...BRRRRRRRR!!! :D :D :D

I drive mine till the first icing than they drop so much salt out its ridiculous. Than she gets put away till spring until it rains a few times to wash all the salt away. I haven't drove her in over a week cause its been raining off and on lately. Only upgrade this winter is rear end hopefully, but that may wait till spring because I spent to much money on my motor this year and I haven't found a rear yet anyways.

onehellofadart said:
I keep mine daily in one of those tent garages with 2" pipe frame. I've had it for 10 years. Replaced cover twice. Good deal. :thumrigh:

Thats what Im doing as soon as we move. Next year I'll pour a cemant slab onder it.

Well, I put mine in my storage garage tonight. :cry: It probably won't see daylight again until late March or April. If I can just get the insulation in my garage, I will be able to work on the '70 this Winter.

-
Back