Source for 10in small pattern 8 3/4 drums???

-

Reaction score
Has any one found a source for A-body 10in drums for the 8 3/4? Getting things together to redo mine, and can not find a source for reasonably priced drums. The cheapest I have found in $68 + shipping and that is on Ebay. Seems rather steep when you can get the 10in front ones for only $28

Thanks!!

Hay thanks!
I wonder that car and year I should tell them I have? You know how they are now. If they can't look it up easy in there computer they do not have a clue! LOL

Autozone carries them for $25 each.

Autozone carries them for $25 each.

Do you have a part number? Their website claims a 69 340 Dart should have a 9" rear drum, which we know is wrong, and it's $32.99.

RockAuto has the Wagner ones for $71.89. It's part number BD60123. It's the only rear 10" small bolt pattern drum that I've known of available new for decades.

If there's another source, it would be good to know.

Yea Auto Zone only lists the 9in drum.

I guess the $68 each on ebay is as cheep as it gets.

BD60123 is the only part number I have found. I just hope they are really small pattern!

Do you have a part number? Their website claims a 69 340 Dart should have a 9" rear drum, which we know is wrong, and it's $32.99.

RockAuto has the Wagner ones for $71.89. It's part number BD60123. It's the only rear 10" small bolt pattern drum that I've known of available new for decades.

If there's another source, it would be good to know.

They are. I have some of them, myself. I have heard of some people opening the box and having the incorrect drums, but the correct BD60123 is small pattern. I opened all four boxes of the ones I have to make sure that they were 5x4.

Good to know! Thanks!
They are. I have some of them, myself. I have heard of some people opening the box and having the incorrect drums, but the correct BD60123 is small pattern. I opened all four boxes of the ones I have to make sure that they were 5x4.

Tom have you ever compared them to see if a front drum would work? It looks like it separates from the hub. Just a thought. It's been 30 yrs. since I worked on front drum brakes and I never bothered to check to see if they would interchange cause back then you could get anything you wanted at any corner parts store.

Classic industries has the front drums for only $28 each.

Yeah it seems the front drums aren't a problem. Glad I bought my rear drums when I did. That was about 4 yrs. ago at O'Reilley's and they were only about $30 a piece. Too bad they don't still have them.

Hey, I didn't see your question back in June. I haven't compared the front to rear. I would imagine that the center register is different, and the width is also not the same. The rears are 10 x 1.75". If I remember correctly, the fronts are 10 x 2".

I too have thought of using a front drum on the rear. It looks like if you cut off the lip, it might fit the narrower shoes. That would be easier on a drum that has a single lip. The center register hole should be the same since the wheels use it and interchange front to rear. I haven't tried this since it seems a hassle to have to machine a wear item like a drum, plus removing the lip might affect the strength and cause it to crack, though seems unlikely.

Mine is a 7.25" rear. I don't know if 8.75" rears use different drums. I know for some factory setups, you need special rear drums with a bell shape.

I know the wagner # is BD60123 but does anyone have
the cross reference # for century drums?

I have an excellent set of used rear 10" SB drums PM me if still needed

-
Back