Source for Alternator Rebuild Kit

-
There is no "kit" that I'm aware of. Really the only thing you can do with OEM alternators these days is replace bearings and brushes. The front bearing is either a common 203 or 205, I don't remember. The rear torrington is equally common. The brushes, believe it or not, "might be something else." I had one HELL of a time getting them from NAPA. I think we ordered 4 sets, all of which were different WITH THE SAME PART NUMBER. I finally took parts out of the last two boxes, used them, and sent the rest back as defective, mis-boxed.

I've gotten brushes that where slightly too big to work by sanding them down........

Check your yellow pages for an auto-electric outlet near you,, mine has them all in bulk,, just pick what you need,, I also just googled for a kit and found numerous ads..

cheers

Rock Auto has all the bits and pieces. Standard Motor Products has the brush and holder kits and the bearings are available. Rock Auto also lists the diodes and diode assemblies.

NAPA used to be quite good for older parts but, I find they are getting less useful. I guess the bean counters have decided there isn't any money in older car parts.

-
Back