Source for wiring?

-

Woodsman341

Reaction score
Hi again, folks,

I've searched many terms, but all I get die responses are where to buy aftermarket wiring harnesses. What I'm looking for is a place to buy wiring in the same colors as the factory harness so I can either make my own, or at least repair a few bad spots in the harness I have while maintaining the color scheme in the FSM.

Thanks!

If you have a "North 40" in your town they carry a pretty good wall of electrical stuff, but I detest the way the wire is marketed. The store here does carry small reels if you want to buy more

If you have a "North 40" in your town they carry a pretty good wall of electrical stuff, but I detest the way the wire is marketed. The store here does carry small reels if you want to buy more
I don't think we do. Is that North 40 Outfitters?

Yes, maybe they are not the same. Here they have various tractor/ rigging/ chain/ etc trailer hitches, all sorts of stuff. In many ways they are just another "big box" store.

In person, a West marine store. Marine Wire | West Marine
The larger stores have more variety of insulation colors. Marine wire has higher temperature rating, sized to AWG rather than SAE, and has finer tinned stranding than SAE.

Mail order, less color choices but will sell small quantities Also has wire for use in engine bay that should have higher heat and oil resistance than general purpose primary wire.

Small company. I've bought a few things from them such as terminals for headlights and they took care of a mistake right away.
Seem to carry quality stuff. Also will sell small quantities.

One more that's been posted here but I can't say I've dealt with personally. US made.

In person, a West marine store. Marine Wire | West Marine
The larger stores have more variety of insulation colors. Marine wire has higher temperature rating, sized to AWG rather than SAE, and has finer tinned stranding than SAE.

Mail order, less color choices but will sell small quantities Also has wire for use in engine bay that should have higher heat and oil resistance than general purpose primary wire.
[/URL]

Small company. I've bought a few things from them such as terminals for headlights and they took care of a mistake right away.
Seem to carry quality stuff. Also will sell small quantities.
[/URL]

One more that's been posted here but I can't say I've dealt with personally.
[/URL]

We don't have a West Marine here, but I do have a brother in law who works at a boat manufacturing facility...and has told me he often does gauges. I hadn't thought about that. Thanks! It's worth a shot.

-
Back