-

raggycugurt

Banned
Reaction score
who all here like spam and pancakes? I do :cheers:
View attachment 146328

spam.jpg

spam.jpg

Being from the islands, Spam & anything is ono-licious!!!

This makes me want to cook up some late night spam & eggs right now. ;)

Mmmmmmmmmmmm Spam!!! Always a favorite.

But the pancakes always go with BACON!!!!

Prize Winning Pancakes

Whisk together:

1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
2 heaping tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Beat together:

1 egg
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 cup milk

Add liquids all at once to the flour mixture with the whisk until well blended but still slightly lumpy.*

Grease and preheat a large skillet until a few drops of water splattered from your fingers sizzle and pop. Pour the pancake batter to desired sizes. They're ready to turn when the edges are very slightly browned and bubbles appear on the top side -- lift an edge with the spatula to check. (Pancakes should never be turned more than once. They'll get tough.)

Spread them with butter and syrup and grab some bacon!

Milk / flour can be adjusted slightly for thinner or thicker pancakes.

* If you stir the batter too much they'll be tough, rise too high and then fall.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm Spam!!! Always a favorite.

But the pancakes always go with BACON!!!!

Prize Winning Pancakes

Whisk together:

1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
2 heaping tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Beat together:

1 egg
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 cup milk

Add liquids all at once to the flour mixture with the whisk until well blended but still slightly lumpy.*

Grease and preheat a large skillet until a few drops of water splattered from your fingers sizzle and pop. Pour the pancake batter to desired sizes. They're ready to turn when the edges are very slightly browned and bubbles appear on the top side -- lift an edge with the spatula to check. (Pancakes should never be turned more than once. They'll get tough.)

Spread them with butter and syrup and grab some bacon!

Milk / flour can be adjusted slightly for thinner or thicker pancakes.

* If you stir the batter too much they'll be tough, rise too high and then fall.

I likes sausages with pancakes.That recipe interests me,maybe I will give it a try,my wife is going away in a few weeks to see one of our daughters and I will be on my own. They probably turn out like hockey pucks but I'll try,might add some bananas to it,mmmmmmmmmm!

I prefer bacon with pancakes but I love a spam sandwich every now and again.MMmmm:toothy10:

My wife loves Spam but to me it's just "Ham that never passed a physical".

Lets put it this way.... its meat in a can....the less I eat of it.. the more there is for all you.

-RPM

I like Spam occasionally. Reminds me of my Grandma and a simpler time.
Grandma even had a recipe for 'sweet and sour' Spam.

I tried the low-sodium kind, to me it tastes just as good as the regular.

pass on the spam. we used to have a Deliverance party at our house. 4 Postal Employees, a few movies, one of which was Deliverance, others were Redneck Zombies, I spit on your Grave , you get the idea, a tanker truck of beer and burgers/dogs and brats. Wife, once, made some funky spam roll, got tossed over the fence onto the street behind us....first and last time for Spam for me.....

Growing up I thought spam was one of the food groups. We had spam sandwiches,fried spam in the AM,spam baked with potatoes for supper. When I got in highschool I found out some people have ham. Wow that was living high on the hog. I don't have it very often anymore but I don't hate it

Spam, Kam, Prem, Klik.. they all make the same slithering sucking sound when you shake them out of the can lol..

Still wearing my 3 stitch thumb scar I got when I was 10 and the friggen little key broke off and I tried to manually open the can..

SNC00099.jpg

Grant

SNC00099.jpg

My girlfriend is from the Philippines and she makes a dish that has Spam, rice, egg, and some vegies in it. That is the best thing I had ever eaten and its kinda funny because I just asked her last night if she would please fix it for dinner tonight. She said yes...yeah! =P~

One more vote FOR Spam! I make "spambled eggs"& fried spam sammiches. Used to feed the kids spam sticks when they were little.

I had spam when i was really little. I don't remember it tasting bad, but i went to buy some a few weeks back for S&Gs and it was like 4 bucks for a little can. They can keep their canned meat for that much

-
Back