SPAM thread

-
1428805437_zps6233a3e6.png

I can eat SPAM all the time, I love it. I have cut it thick, placed on the grill and basted it with BBQ sauce. I love it fried crispy with eggs. I love SPAM sandwiches.

Spam Casserole (family recipe that my grandpa passed down)

1426621113_zpsce6799b0.png

1426621111_zpsc7b4c468.png

can of spam cubed
milk
mustard
onions (fried in butter)
mixed frozen vegetables (cooked and drained/used peas,green beans, sweet corn when in a pinch)
noodles (your choice)
cheese (swiss)
topped with bread crums
get onions cooking in the butter, add the mustard and flour, stir in milk, cook till bubbly than add cheese, add all ingredients bake
350 30 min in greased dish

I use pepper jack cheese and top it with crushed goldfish crackers. Also a little sriracha never hurt anybody

I made this last night when my sister stopped by for the night, it was really good and it makes a lot, thanks to your Grandpa. I used the Black Pepper Spam variety.

S specially
P prepaired
A alien
M meat

:spam1: Original recipe perfected on location at Area 51!

If you ever make fried rice, try it with the Bacon-flavored Spam variety, the most tasty fried rice I ever made, today for lunch.

If you ever make fried rice, try it with the Bacon-flavored Spam variety, the most tasty fried rice I ever made, today for lunch.

Dang you David LOL...been awhile since I had Spam but I do have some in the pantry...might have to try soon but I already have some blueberry breakfast sausage in the fridge for tomorrow......

Hickory Smoked flavor Spam, grind it up with spicy bread n butter pickles/jalapenos, mustard powder, pinch of ground cloves, pepper, etc. mix in some mayo....on Triscuits.

Did someone say spam??

I have a whole bunch of Spam recipes. With all the varieties of it out now, there are tons of things you can make with it...

5A87C9BC-C6D4-4684-8B30-24C22DE822C5.jpeg

E0EDC107-00AF-428D-8918-274A7916E588.jpeg

3693ED9C-177B-407B-86D1-268F239CF743.jpeg

FD9B4AD2-6E21-4D20-A9A8-7484BDC37C36.jpeg

07A10B06-5E55-439A-9D06-762A10254D95.jpeg

B3D02C51-8C31-44DE-921B-92DE93BE9579.jpeg

DE81927F-C312-4D37-B149-841766FBB1B2.jpeg

B5350DE2-8F0F-4496-94BC-4D4005761C9C.jpeg

095EDA9D-63D4-48B4-B534-E931C5A711C9.jpeg

13564872-A6FE-488D-A41E-6D05188621C4.jpeg

^^^^gotta make some of these, Dave. They have come out with a Portuguese flavor that gets good reviews. I like to keep myself informed :D

I whip 4 eggs, chopped tobasco flavored Spam in small squares and fry for just a short time to brown 8), Then I put the chopped Spam in my whipped eggs add just a drop of vanilla and a pinch of cinnamon and whip it together, corn oil in a skillet and heat to about med high. pour the mix in and have Velveta cheese sliced and ready for the darn best omelet =P~=P~ Time to take time for breakfast :happy10:
My Cardiologist would love you.
New business on the hoof.

Anybody up for a vienna sausage thread? We've already got spam, scrapple, and hot dogs. It's like pig-scrap appreciation day!

MRE's had them but larger sized, they were called "baby dicks" or my favorite, "The 4 fingers of Death". I have to laugh every time I say that name. I used to get them Viennas in my bag lunches: a fold over sandwich bag with 4 or 5 of them in there. I had to eat them in secret, hiding them in the brown bag or I'd get laughed at. Tough crowd at the lunch tables in 4th grade. I didn't realize how poor we were until I think back at some of the stuff we (didnt) have? Can't shake habits..I had a can of Viennas 2 weeks ago with a tube of Ritz crackers from the .99 store. Lunch was $1.50 that day! They were a staple on camping trips. Teen went to Minneapolis for Lutheran National Youth Gathering and the Spam Museum didn;t make the cut for visiting but the kick off luncheon did have MN "Hot Dish" and Spam scones.

MRE's had them but larger sized, they were called "baby dicks" or my favorite, "The 4 fingers of Death". I have to laugh every time I say that name. I used to get them Viennas in my bag lunches: a fold over sandwich bag with 4 or 5 of them in there. I had to eat them in secret, hiding them in the brown bag or I'd get laughed at. Tough crowd at the lunch tables in 4th grade. I didn't realize how poor we were until I think back at some of the stuff we (didnt) have? Can't shake habits..I had a can of Viennas 2 weeks ago with a tube of Ritz crackers from the .99 store. Lunch was $1.50 that day! They were a staple on camping trips. Teen went to Minneapolis for Lutheran National Youth Gathering and the Spam Museum didn;t make the cut for visiting but the kick off luncheon did have MN "Hot Dish" and Spam scones.

reminds me of one of my contractor buddies
he was over at the house helping me out with a project one day, and the wife was making spaghetti
we offered him a plate and he mentioned he really disliked it because growing up, they were so poor they ate plain spaghetti all the time
he said one day he complained about it and his mom promised him to make him something else

when he sat down to eat, she handed him a plate of what looked like spaghetti
so he complained again and mom replied "dont worry mijo, its not spaghetti, its fideo"

I would never eat anything with American grown pork products in it! Never!

you guys ever seen theses?

upload_2020-1-9_10-49-15.jpeg

they are great, little single servings pouches, with a nice thick slice of spam, just a hair smaller then a slice of bread

perfect for when you dont want to eat an entire can in one sitting (yeah, like that ever happens)

anyways, i was in charge of making my boys school lunch for yesterday, so i send him a one of these with a few slices of buttered bread

at about 12.10 my phone rings, and its his school
so i answer, and its my boy on the other end
he goes "dad!"
i go, "what!?"
he goes "you forgot the spam!"
i goes "did you check in between the two slices of bread?"
he goes"..."
"alright son, love you too"

Thought you guys would like this
I made me a little sammich for lunch
Nothing fancy, a toasted bagel, a fried egg wifh cheese and a few slices of fried spam

So im sittin here eating, sharing bites with my little girl and in one of her bites she pulls the spam right out between the bread

Needless to say, i ended up having an egg sandwich for lunch

20200205_110345.jpg

-
Back