SPAM thread

-
Spam is terrific!
As long as I'm not eating it!:vom:
Spam was always in "T" rats when I was in the Army and it sure seems like I ate alot of it.

You guy's are welcome to my share!

Grilled, fried, broiled, cooked w/ eggs, or hash browns,...w/tobasco,....crock pot as a filler for my venison chili w/cayenne pepper,...all good,...

Cept boiled,...No Good,...

And the clear gelatinous goo is kinda like.......the fat on steak that yer supposed to leave on when you grill it,...adds flavor, but I damn sure won't eat it...

Spam is terrific!
As long as I'm not eating it!:vom:
Spam was always in "T" rats when I was in the Army and it sure seems like I ate alot of it.

You guy's are welcome to my share!

trade ya some canned pound cake for the canned ham. lol
damned C rats were heavy to pack around.
tabasco was key in preparing the meal. lol

I forgot about C rats,...cookie used to fry it up for us when we had the mid watch out at sea,...smells great w/diesel...

Dad took us camping to Yosemite every year, once (and only once!) we did not secure our food and needless to say there was not much left after the bears and raccoons got to it, my Mom being a creative genius and not wanting to deal with several hungry kids created what has become one of our favorite family meals. The survivors of the bear vs. food onslaught were canned Spam (not that it comes any other way?), a sack of potatoes, a bottle of cooking oil, several cans of El Pato Mexican hot sauce, and a large package of tortillas. She fired up the camp stove diced and browned the potatoes and Spam. then created an incredible tasting stew by pouring the canned salsa into the mix, we ate it up as tacos. Thanks for the memories about Spam, we might just have this recipe again for Thanksgiving! Happy Thanksgiving to ALL at FABO and God Bless!
:coffee2:

Some
Parts
Are
Meat...

I love the stuff. Fried as a sandwich. Thin sliced with eggs and grits. Cubed and fried with taters & onion & peppers. Breaded and fried in strips, dipped in gravy.

A cardiologists worst nightmare...

Spam sushi?

On our anniversary, we were staying at a very nice resort on the north shore of Oahu, Hawaii. In the gift shop right next to the register, they sold Spam sushi rolls. This was the only food that they sold besides candy bars and gum. My wife who loves sushi, but hates Spam thought they were gross. I hate sushi but love Spam and thought they were great!

Sushi is raw fish, what you saw was spam misubi, like on the can pictured above.
Its a breakfast staple here.

I like to make a honey mustard and brown sugar glaze. Spread it on and bake it.

I served Spam to my girlfriend's kids and told them it was a type of ham. They liked it until the next morning when I put the empty can of Spam on the table. They thought I fed them poison. LOL!

Attachments

• Spam.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 209
and i love me some Vienna sausages but only the Armour ones the others are crap. I can still buy them for .50 a can and there are many kinds but the regular and BBQ are my favorites

I like to make a can into 4 slices, and grill it. Some of the other flavors are great, also. While at a car show in Mn....my wife got bored and drove to the spam museum. She said it cool, and brought back 2 cases of the varieties.

Spam Casserole (family recipe that my grandpa passed down)

1426621113_zpsce6799b0.png

1426621111_zpsc7b4c468.png

can of spam cubed
milk
mustard
onions (fried in butter)
mixed frozen vegetables (cooked and drained/used peas,green beans, sweet corn when in a pinch)
noodles (your choice)
cheese (swiss)
topped with bread crums
get onions cooking in the butter, add the mustard and flour, stir in milk, cook till bubbly than add cheese, add all ingredients bake
350 30 min in greased dish

I use pepper jack cheese and top it with crushed goldfish crackers. Also a little sriracha never hurt anybody

Dang Sam, that sounds good, I'll have to try it that way :D

Spam Casserole (family recipe that my grandpa passed down)

1426621113_zpsce6799b0.png

1426621111_zpsc7b4c468.png

can of spam cubed
milk
mustard
onions (fried in butter)
mixed frozen vegetables (cooked and drained/used peas,green beans, sweet corn when in a pinch)
noodles (your choice)
cheese (swiss)
topped with bread crums
get onions cooking in the butter, add the mustard and flour, stir in milk, cook till bubbly than add cheese, add all ingredients bake
350 30 min in greased dish

I use pepper jack cheese and top it with crushed goldfish crackers. Also a little sriracha never hurt anybody

That does look and sound good :glasses7:

-
Back