speaker locations

-

72goldduster

Mopar Kid
Reaction score
thought for a brief moment about cutting up my door panels to put some 6" circulars in, and decided I wouldn't until all other options were considered.

so where do you have your speakers mounted, other than in the rear deck?

I have a 69 Dart vert... obviously no back/rear deck and I dont want to cut into door panels. Bought an extra set of kick panels Im gonna cut for speakers. The dash speaker just aint cuttin it anymore.

There is a spot for speakers in the doors. Lower front corner. Good grilles for them are impossible to find. I have a pair of black 67 vert door speaker grilles but thay aren't flat today. Too much speaker and grille there will interfear with the window winder.
There is a aluminum plate for mounting 2 speakers in the center of the dash. I dont have a link to the seller.
There should be a way to put speakers in the bottom of the vent boxes. I dont know how they would sound facing the floor though.

There are kickpanels out there for just such a project. The ones I got use 4x6 speakers. I think there is another version out there that take round ones, but not sure what size. Here is what mine look like now that I painted them and the grilles.

kickpanel.jpg

I am in the process of making a place to put speakers in the kick panels ..too cheap to buy 'em..also two tweets in the console..2 6*9s in the back and a sub in the trunk...

I have 6x9s in the rear deck, two 3.5s in the stock dash location, and two 6.5s in the kick panels using angled adapter plates that I bought off Ebay. Of course, none of them is wired yet, no head unit or amp. But that is what I'm going to run for speakers.

'68 Cuda Fastback with Kenwood in the dash and Infiniti 6x9s in the rear, Bass Link in the trunk, and Infiniti 5" rounds and tweeters in the kick panels. I didn't want to cut up my door panels and the speakers would've interfered with the window cranks anyway. I can shoot pics if you need them.

There are kickpanels out there for just such a project. The ones I got use 4x6 speakers. I think there is another version out there that take round ones, but not sure what size. Here is what mine look like now that I painted them and the grilles.

Those look pretty nice, did you have any problems with them blocking the vent doors?

I've seen those on ebay for $124, is there anywhere you could get them cheaper? And they say Dart Sport, but I'm assuming they'll work with a normal Dart too..

I expect those speaker bump outs would prevent opening the vent box doors.
I've talked to a few people about fabricating fixed, filtered, adjustable, vent grilles to replace those doors. Nothing yet :(

I have something very similar that I got from the Paddock. They were offered with Chinese so-so 100 watt speakers or Pioneer 130 watt units. They are made of PVC, so they are not as flexible as the OEM kick panels. They are precisely made as the screw hole in the panel aligned with the hone in the car. Clears the A/C, don't know about a "winter door"

I'll be getting a few pics this weekend for those who've PM'd me about this. Been working late nights all week getting through the backlog and it's been too dark by the time I remember. Sorry.

Harass me ruthlessly until I do it. :-D

-
Back