Speedometer cable length?

-

polkat

Reaction score
Does 80" sound right for the length of a speedometer cable for a '73 4-door Dart? That's the only lemgth I've been able to locate.
Thanks!

That sounds like the one that I bought at the Mopar Nats (Mancini Racing - I think - don't quote me) two years ago for the wife's Swinger. It was only about a foot or so longer than necessary. It works, but let's just say that there's a little "extra cable" routed around various components down there...

Ray

My Cuda is 63" also so I think the Duster should be the same even if the wheelbase is 3" longer. I was looking for a cable and found some on e-bay and the guy said the standard length he had was 80" but also said down below that he had 63" ones too. Just let him know what length you need when you order it.

I ended up getting one from NAPA that was 68" long. It fit perfectly!

I didn't keep the receipt, but the base price was about $19. The NAPA here shows two different cables on their website; a single cable of 68" and a two part cable of (I think) 80", which must be for later models. I got the single 68incher and it fit nicely. I'm mostly a B body guy, so I can't say this will fit all A bodies well, but it fit my '73 just fine.

Good deal that's not bad at all. I believe the 2 piece is for cars with cruise. It's longer because it has to run up to the actuator.
Thanks for the info. Tracy

67 1/2 inches from end to end. That one was out of a 73 dart 2 door and the same for the stock one that was in Nikkis 72 Scamp.

-
Back