Spill trays

-

Tom Heald

West Australian TAVO
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering if you had/have these in the US, they were very popular in Australia in the 70's to protect your paint from petrol spills, I've tried a few sites but you guys uses different wording for a lot of car related things and I can not find them anywhere, thanks for your help.

I'm looking for a distributor so I can import them.

Tom
fuel spill tray.JPG

How does it protect the paint? Gas will still run on to the paint.

The optical illusion almost got me too.
The bottom wider part sticks out from the body.
Thank God we don't have petrol in the US cause that thing is hideous.:D

So you obviously don't have them :) They came on high end cars in the late 60's through till the late 70's, not so bad on the car, this is a 71 Ford but GM and Chrysler had them too.
xy.jpg

And the above car in GT form the GTHO Phase 3 was the fastest production 4 door car in the world for quite a long time, from memory they were speed limited at 145mph.

One sold last weekend for just over a million dollars.

xy 1.jpg

The optical illusion almost got me too.
The bottom wider part sticks out from the body.
Thank God we don't have petrol in the US cause that thing is hideous.:D
Petrol is gasoline like bonnet is hood, boot is trunk, tyre is tire, blah blah blah

And the above car in GT form the GTHO Phase 3 was the fastest production 4 door car in the world for quite a long time, from memory they were speed limited at 145mph.

One sold last weekend for just over a million dollars.

View attachment 1715191309
what year? a production 440, 4 speed, 354 dana b body would bury that if running right !

We seppos don’t use those, we just shake it off

351C was a badass motor. Owned 2, a 2v and a 4v(shared between me and my Mustang buddy)

LOL, at least you septic tanks have a decent leader, ours is selling out to the Chinese and importing ad appeasing moslems by the hundreds of thousands.

Our last local car industry shut down last year so everything is now imported.

sorry, not interested in reading about fords , or chevys. On reason I wont take any magazines anymore.
So tell me all about this production 440, 4 speed, 354 dana b body that would **** all over the HO

By 1976 our 360's 350's and 351's were lucky to punch out 160hp with all the pollution crap we inherited from you guys and that prick Nader.

Last edited:
don't act like you don't already know all about it!

we had a fast (cop) car in 71 also...But it had 2 doors. Javelin 401 Police package.
"...I was off that night, and Tim and another trooper borrowed my car. About 8 p.m., the phone rang. It was Tim, and he asked me if I wanted to know how fast my Javelin would go. I told him yeah, and he said the other trooper clocked him with the radar at 158 mph. They weren’t exactly busy that night, were they?..."
We also had the 69 Polara 440 Police package..."it held the record on the Chrysler test track in Chelsea, MI for highest top end achieved by a factory-built four door sedan (149.6 mph).

Last edited:
Yeah there were plenty of 2 door cars that were quicker but this was a $5,000 fast family hack, my pissy little 21yo 2L Subaru Legacy daily would make mince meat out of it @12.9 but it was ok for nearly 50 yrs ago.

We got the Javelin and other Ramblers here in small numbers, loved those big humps on the front guards.

-
Back