Spray Chrome

-
this is the Alsa Kit(they sent me the wrong chemicals, so they are going to be sending me another ones, so its going to take for a while for me to find out how good they are, but so far their customer service is A+)

Alsafxkit1.jpg

Alsafxkit2.jpg

now the Stain Magic sprayers(bought 2 of them, you should also get more than 1, 3 is recomended)
OfftheShelfkit1.jpg

IMG

a few things you will need...

a pressure bottle like this one(to rinse the piece thru the entire process)
PressureBottle1.jpg

a Hair Dryer(to dry the piecess after silvering, it works much better than pressured air)
HairBlower1.jpg

now the Alsa kit comes with pressured sprayer so you can spray pain the pieces(base coat/Clear coat) but you can only use them one, so a Air brush or a small paint gun will be need it
SmallPaintGun1.jpg

a few pics of very small test pieces(my favorite, the plastic spoons)

now if you are going to be painting over plastic I recomend using Krylon Fusion paint, its very good and you only need a very light coat(just one) and then procede with the primer and base coat
KrylonFusion1.jpg

remember the test spoons(or test piece needs to be glossy mirror)
BalckSpoon.jpg

a few "Spray On Chrome" Spoons using AngelGilding chemicals

ChromeSpoons1.jpg

ChromeSpoons2.jpg

ChromeSpoons3.jpg

a few more pics and a video...(pics and info on previous page)

StainMagicSpoon1.jpg

StainMagicSpoon2.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vEEnn4Nxpk"]Silvered Plastic Spoon - YouTube[/ame]

so far the dual chambered hand triggers are awesome as they take so many variables out of the equation(no oil or humidity on the compressor, no chemicals reacting with the metal in the spray guns)

I´ll be testing Alsa Chemicals as soon as I have them in my hands, and posting pics ofcourse.. :cool:

Subscribed. I'm hoping this will work for replating dash bezels. The company up here, close to me, closed recently (CV Vacuum Platers) and , in the classic "CheapSkateWay Inc."©, I want to do my dash pieces.

Subscribed. I'm hoping this will work for replating dash bezels. The company up here, close to me, closed recently (CV Vacuum Platers) and , in the classic "CheapSkateWay Inc."©, I want to do my dash pieces.

well guys I graduated from Plastic spoons to motorbike plastic parts... :lol:

here is a Motorbike Headlight cover before the "Spray On Chrome"(using Angel Gilding chemicals and wetting agent which helped me alot)

Plastic Headlight cover(prep using Krylong Fusion as glue for the base coat, what you see here is the system ready for the chrome. so it has the basecoat), keep in mind that if you start with a mirror like basecoat you will end up with on, but if your basecoat its dull and scratch.. you will end up with a dull scratchy mirror..
BikeMask1.jpg

BikeMask3.jpg

now with the Spray On Silver(I will upload a video of the pumping process)
BikeMask9.jpg

BikeMask8.jpg

BikeMask5.jpg

BikeMask10.jpg

here is Short video of the Drying process(will upload the longer one soon)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmd_LLVliMQ"]SPRAY ON CHROME - YouTube[/ame]

I hope you guys have enjoyed my small tutorials..

thanks

Marvin

NicaMarvin...thanks for posting all this great info.

So, if I want to chrome just certain areas of ,say, a dash bezel, is there a "masking" procedure of some sort?

Attachments

• 67DartDashTopDecal.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 1,600
Thanks for the video.. I've seen it on their site, but watching you do it makes it believable that someone like me could do it..

Grant

65Val said:

So, if I want to chrome just certain areas of ,say, a dash bezel, is there a "masking" procedure of some sort?

You could chrome it all and paint the black in after for sure.. Paint Sharpie for the raised letters.

That's freakin' amazing. So you spray and spray and spray, rinse with DI water. Then repeat as many times as needed. Thanks for sharing the video.

Wylde1.
that´s correct, I believe it can be done with a little bit less spraying, but I wanted to make sure it came out perfect because that peice(and a few more from the same bike) will be in a bike that will be racing in a few days and I want everybody to see it..

just like paint..

Proper proceedure for a instrument bezel is Completely disassemble. Chemically strip the entire bezel. Chrome the entire bezel. Paint details colors.

just a few update
pics..

Bike1.jpg

Bike3.jpg

Bike4.jpg

Bike5.jpg

Bike6.jpg

Bike7.jpg

I´ll post pics of this bike in a few months to see how it has held up to the road..

how about a bike shock absorber covers?

BlueBikeShockCover1.jpg

Blue Chrome.. :D

ChromeBike1.jpg

ChromeBike2-1.jpg

ChromeBike3.jpg

ChromeBike4.jpg

let see how it holds up in a few months... :)

-
Back