Spring Fling '09

-
Great idea Steve. I'll get cracking on Ruby. Here's the 68.

x2.jpg

hmmm sounds fun but not that far away....

Come on up, there's a bunch a people from San Diego that attend.

FABO is going to have a whole reserved row of 10+ cars on Saturday. On Sunday all the A-bodies park together. We usually split the 66 down and the 67 up A-body into seperate rows facing each other.

Lots of A-body parts. Largest all mopar swap meet west of the mississippi. 4 times the used part swap meet of the vegas show. Plus Spring Fling is a "Fair Chance" swap.

"Fair Chance Swap"; meaning there is no pre day set up. Shows that have pre day setups have the swap meeter set up the day before the show opens to the general public. What happens is others swappers and professional re-sellers sneaking in end up buying up all the good deals before regular folk that really need the parts even get a chance.

a couple questions, first is it too late to get in on the FABO section? and what are the criteria? my car is no show car and I drive it daily. it really isn't even show-able. I'm more inclined to park in the parking lot and maybe just check in and say hi. is there a fee for the FABO thing and if so what is it? another option is I could borrow my sisters 63 Dart GT which is much nicer than my 64.
anyway I'm mainly posting so I'll be able to find this thread again:happy7:

a couple questions, first is it too late to get in on the FABO section? and what are the criteria? my car is no show car and I drive it daily. it really isn't even show-able. I'm more inclined to park in the parking lot and maybe just check in and say hi. is there a fee for the FABO thing and if so what is it? another option is I could borrow my sisters 63 Dart GT which is much nicer than my 64.
anyway I'm mainly posting so I'll be able to find this thread again:happy7:

No it's not too late to put it in the FABO section. Yes, there is the fee of the car show of course. $30 pre reg for booth or one days. Cars must remained parked (not moving) between 10am and 1pm. Just write on the pre reg form here "FABO Saturday reserved section": www.cpwclub.com/sf09flyer.pdf

All Mopars of any kind or condition are welcome. I have pictures of primered Darts next to real 71 Hemi Cudas. It's not about who has the nicer car, but the friendship and commarderie of Mopar ownership. Plus if you buy parts you'll have a shorter distance to schlep them to your car.

Did you see the picture of 66Valiant's convertible at last years show. No hood, no seat, no tops. He actually had as big a crowd around the car as the red hemi cars.

One thing nice about bringing a daily driver or works in progress is that people see what you are working with. So if/when you fix it up later they know you did the car yourself and just didnt buy that way. When Dave brings his Valiant Conv to Spring Fling when finished, people will know what it looked like before and the work he himself put in it.

Also when you bring a car that needs some work, you'd be surprised that people may offer you parts for sale they actually see you need, rather than trying to resell it. Smart thing would be to have a list of parts (maybe with price range) that you are looking for on a piece of paper on the car. Maybe even have tear offs like people do when selling a car. Instead of making it a sale ad, you'd be making a want ad. Just a random idea.

Having the car there makes for much better networking. And networking is the key to finding quality services/parts at reasonable prices.

I am bringing my E-body to the show this year. Would anyone have a problem if I registered it to be in the FABO area? I promise to stay in the back. ;) If not, I will just watch from afar. :(

I am bringing my E-body to the show this year. Would anyone have a problem if I registered it to be in the FABO area? I promise to stay in the back. ;) If not, I will just watch from afar. :(

No problem here. Come one, come all.

Hey Steve, any word on bringing a pop up tent/canopy? I have a 10x20 that we can use for the FABO section, maybe hang a banner if it's ok with Joey(don't wanna step on any toes).

Hey Steve, any word on bringing a pop up tent/canopy? I have a 10x20 that we can use for the FABO section, maybe hang a banner if it's ok with Joey(don't wanna step on any toes).

We don't usually allow tents in the car show side. I can't be over a car.

But maybe I can put the FABO section near a tree that can't be used for a car show spot. Do you have weight and tie downs for that 10x20? Is there a FABO banner out there??

I do have tie downs for it, but it doesn't need them because the tent is so big. If it's to much of a problem, then we can find a tree to hang out under.

I do have tie downs for it, but it doesn't need them because the tent is so big. If it's to much of a problem, then we can find a tree to hang out under.

We just want to see some kind attachment to the gound/grass for safety reasons. Even if it doesn't need them, still use them. Or can you stake the legs. The wind does kick up out there.

The FABO section will have a tree somewhere in the row, so you can put the tent in front of the tree. You know, how some spaces you can't put a car in because there is a tree halfway in the space.

DSC_2026Grid3.JPG

You trying to ditch us Ben. :) LOL

Absolutely not! Count me in. Maybe one day there will be a grand meeting place for all FABO, FBBO & FEBO members. Now ... wouldn't that make Joey & Adam proud (not to mention the promotion)? ;)

BTW: I am coming down with the coastal group once again. I have heard that the stops/breaks have been streamlined. We stopped so many times last year, it added an additional three hours or so to the drive ... yikes! I'll be towing the 'Cuda down since I am bringing sheetmetal in the back of the Ram for ... well, you know who you are. Looking forward to driving 700+ miles roundtrip while getting a whopping 11-12 miles per gallon (read a whole bunch of sarcasm here).

We just want to see some kind attachment to the gound/grass for safety reasons. Even if it doesn't need them, still use them. Or can you stake the legs. The wind does kick up out there.

The FABO section will have a tree somewhere in the row, so you can put the tent in front of the tree. You know, how some spaces you can't put a car in because there is a tree halfway in the space.

DSC_2026Grid3.JPG

Hey Steve,
I see your birds eye view of the Fling.
Where is the new entrance for the show cars ?

Looks like I have the Green Dart complete and ready to go !!!
Kind of a cool story,I bought this car from a guy at the Spring Fling in 2007. Kind of a home coming of sorts for the car,now all dressed up !!!!
Think I am going to the swap on Sat and will drive the green Dart on Sun.
Look forward to meeting you and the rest of the FABO guys/gals !!

John

faucet pics 751.jpg

faucet pics 829.jpg

Hey Steve,
I see your birds eye view of the Fling.
Where is the new entrance for the show cars ?

Looks like I have the Green Dart complete and ready to go !!!
Kind of a cool story,I bought this car from a guy at the Spring Fling in 2007. Kind of a home coming of sorts for the car,now all dressed up !!!!
Think I am going to the swap on Sat and will drive the green Dart on Sun.
Look forward to meeting you and the rest of the FABO guys/gals !!

John

The show cars come in through the new gate of the lower left corner of that pictures.

You just go right by the old entrance, past the parking lot, then make a right at the asphalt road that is at the north edge of the show car field. I have a diagram of that, but not on this computer. Will post it later.

The new gate open at 7:00 am now. So you can get a good start on that swap meet and the lines should be a lot shorter. At Fall Fling the line never got more than like 30 cars at it's very peak. Actually, people that came in at 8:30am were worried there wasn't a show because they didn't see the normal line!

Hey Johnny, you need to bring out the dart on sat to put it in with the FABO section with the rest of us. Show some support. I'm sure you will bring home a trophy on sunday with that beauty.

i think a couple of guys from around here are going, i will work on them over the next couple weeks..
thanks though:joker:
im not going to make it.(too many trips planned and not enough $$)
have fun guys!

:toothy4::snakeman:i have an wedding to go to that weekend...i'll see if i can break the marriage up before then , so i can make it....wish me luck

Hey Johnny, you need to bring out the dart on sat to put it in with the FABO section with the rest of us. Show some support. I'm sure you will bring home a trophy on sunday with that beauty.

I would love to, but I usually find some greasy old parts at the swap meet.
Not the best car to haul them home in.

really looking forward to this show...hoping to find some drivetrain parts for the Duster, anyone got a 340/360 they're bringing down to sell?

:pain10:
:toothy4::snakeman:i have an wedding to go to that weekend...i'll see if i can break the marriage up before then , so i can make it....wish me luck
he'll thank you later!:salute:

-
Back