Spring Fling Speed Festival VIII, Mopar Track Day, April 3rd, Willow Springs

-

Alltime

Reaction score
Have you ever wanted to Drive your car on a track? Here's your chance!

Spring Fling Speed Festival VIII

It's a Mopar Track Day Thursday April 3rd, at Willow Springs Raceway. Spring Fling Mopar show at Woodley Park, April 5-6, Sat-Sun, Van Nuys California.

This event is the complete opposite of sitting beside your car at a car show. This place is alive with cars blasting down the front straight, cams loping as the cars come off track and cruise through the pits. If your up for going on track then you might see and hear what its like for a NASCAR Daytona to go flying by you!

The Day starts off with breakfast in the track diner, followed by the Driver's Meeting. Then it's upstairs for Performance Road Race Basics. Then out on track to get signed off by an instructor for a full day of 2.5 miles on "The fastest track in the West".

Alltime

Attachments

• sfsfPits2.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 405
  • sfsfPits.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 383
  • SFSFOmega.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 410
Looks like fun! FWIW, a package is headed to your doorstep. Miss the twisties.

AbodyBomber,
Bring that lime green tunnel ram beast out for some twisties! We're thinking of doing a lunch hour bracket race for a limited handfull. cash prize and all. Not sure how many we can match up in an hour.

Some video's of past events:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72p5vVwjRkk"]2007 Mopar Speed Festival Montage - Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

We only ran this close for this video. Most of the time we are more spread out for safety. But this race inspired Daytona and Gurney AAR clones are always out there and having fun on the track.

[ame]http://youtu.be/ij9HK2GNTbQ[/ame]

For those coming to town for spring fling, it really is worth it to come the extra day and make it up to willow springs. This is shaping up to be a banner year with more vintage mopar than previous years. The track is a short drive from van nuys, the people are great, the cars and on track action is exciting, and the weather is usually wonderful. My 71 challenger is next to the red valiant in the first photo and i'll be there!!! Tim puts on a great event with a very casual atmosphere, beginners are welcome (we were all there once). You built your car to drive, come prove it!!! Your time on track is definitely worth the price of admission and by the end of the day you'll have gone through 2 tanks of fuel, and have a permanent smile on your face until next April when it happens again. I was at the very first event with my car, and have only had to miss a few due to personal issues. I look forward to this all year.
I have some videos ill find and post later for further enticement.
:burnout:

Here's a very stylized, high production, late night talk show style presentation./description of the Spring Fling and Spring Fling Speed Festival weekend at Woodley Park and Willow Springs Raceway.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S1QgrufSio"]Track Talk 1, Alltime Racing, Spring Fling Speed Festival 2014 - YouTube[/ame]

New for this year, Drag Racing. Payout for 1st and 2nd places. Limited to the first 16 cars. $30 per car. Held at lunch hour. No start lights, just some guy in plaid pants and a skinny tie jumping up in the air giving you the indication that now is probably a good time to hit the gas.

Bob Tarozzi, Chrysler race engineer during the 60's, will be our special guest...Hopefully we can get some "never told before" dirt on how Bob told Gurney how he was driving too F$%*ing slow... or somethjing like that. Anyways...good stuff!!! He's confirmed.

Road Course:

BMW
Duster 24 hrs Lemons
'06 Dodge Daytona
'70 Cuda
Roush Mustang
Subaru
Rio
Corvette
'70 Challenger
Nissan GT-R
'66 Dart 24 hrs Lemons
Miata
Infiniti FX
Miata TT V8
BMW 325
'69 Daytona
'13 Shelby GT 500
'13 Lexis GS 350 FS
'66 Cuda FIA vintage
'11 Vette
'07 MKZ Lincoln
'12 Charger
'66 Dart 24 hrs Lemons
'69 AMX
'68 Barracuda

'70 Cuda
'69 Coronet R/T
'70 Cuda
'13 Shelby GT 500
Miata TT V8
Nissan GT-R
'66 Dart
'69 AMX

Hey.....Alltime....your inbox is full. I'll check on shipping later today.

Thanks,
Jack

-
Back