Spring Fling XXVI: April 17 & 18, 2010 Van Nuys CA -FABO roll call/meetup

-

autoxcuda

Reaction score
Just getting the word out for Spring Fling XXIV April 17th & 18, 2010 Held at Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA

Show Flyers and Registration: www.cpwclub.com/sf10flyer.pdf

2009 show: 500+ cars, 250+ swap, 40+ midways, 9,000+ FREE admission spectators, held in a beautiful tree lined and shaded park.

Less that 20 miles from LAX airport, Burbank Airport, Universal Studios, NBC studios, Magic Mountain, the Pacific Ocean, Beverly Hills, Hollywood...

New: Show cars that drive in without trailer will enter and exit the show field starting at 7:00am directly from a new north gate and entry. No dusty entry road. Show cars on trailers will enter the show starting at 7:00 along with the swap meeters. This is a response to some suggestions you all made on the survey forms you filled out.

SPRING FLING XXIV

SPRING FLING XXIII
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

(subject to change and additions)

THURSDAY

Spring Fling Speed Festival
  • 4rd annual Mopar track event at Willow Springs Raceway, Buttonwillow, CA
  • 8am to 5pm of on track race time. Info, pictures, shceduled cars click here or call Tim Herren at (310) 538-8098
  • 40+ Mopars on the track last year
  • Bring you new Mopar or bring your old Mopar
  • Blueberry Pancake breakfast
  • Drivers mtg 7am (instructors present run groups sorted by experiance)
  • Free cruise laps 12pm for all spectators.
  • Awards Pres. 5pm
  • Dinner 6:00 pm
  • Watch Spring Fling Speed Festival Video

FRIDAY

Coastal Caravan Cruise
  • Seaside, CA starting at 9 am
  • travel the coast scenic Hwy 1 with a train of awesome Mopars
  • Lunch at Ragged Point Inn and Restaurant
  • Watch 2008 Coastal Caravan Video

SF08CoastalCaravan1.jpg
Hwy1BixbyCreekBridge.jpg
SF08CoastalCaravan2.jpg

Malibu Driving Cruise:
  • Woodley Park to Malibu 9:30am
  • Stop at famous Rock Store biker hangout
  • Lunch overlooking beach

FF07CruiseNASBackyard-7a.jpg
FF07CruiseCalimoparguy-5a.jpg
FF07CruiseNASBackyard-14a.jpg

Mandatory Professional Manufactures ONLY Midway Setup (midway info: [email protected] )

SATURDAY

Spring Fling XXIV
  • World famous parts exchange 7am
  • Show & Shine NEW 7am entry time !! (show cars w/o trailers will enter from seperate north gate)
  • Manufactures Midway
  • Mopar Cruise-In Saturday 4-10
  • At California Car Cover
  • Located 9525 DeSoto Avenue Chatsworth, CA
  • At Plummer Street on the Northwest corner -Click here for map
  • Food by In And Out Burger!

CCC_SF09_5.jpg
CCC_SF09_2.jpg

CalCover1_t.jpg
CalCover3_t.jpg
CalCover4_t.jpg

SUNDAY

Spring Fling XXIV
  • Parts exchange 7am
  • Show & Shine plus Judging NEW 7am entry time !! (show cars w/o trailers will enter from seperate north gate)
  • Manufactures Midway
  • Trophy Presentation 2pm
  • Watch Sunday Spring Fling Video

Hotel Info:
The Airtel Hotel has a block of rooms reserved for the weekend of Spring Fling 2010 on April 17 & 18, 2010. We really tried to get the best deal possible for our guests this year. You MUST mention the code: "CPW club"

Airtel Plaza 1-800-2Airtel www.airtelplaza.com $99/day ($16 less than last year) including free breakfast buffet for two ($26 value) AND free parking ($10 value) ONLY with mentioning "Chrysler Performance West" discount rate code

Includes ONLY with mentioning "Chrysler Performance West" discount rate code:
[*]$99/day special rate
[*]Free breakfast buffet for two ($26 value)
[*]Free parking ($10 value)

Special Events of Note:
***Wednesday Night: Van Nuys Blvd Cruise 5pm -10pm (700+ cars, ALL makes, as seen in Hot Rod magazine)
***Friday Night: Bob's Big Boy Northridge Cruise-In: ALL makes. 5pm-9pm. Corbin and Nordoff (200+ cars)

Please pass this info on to others.

Official Spring Fling XXIV Show Sponsors:

Dependable Dodge www.dependabledodge.com

TTI Exhaust www.ttiexhaust.com
Layson's Restorations www.laysons.com
Stockton Wheel www.stocktonwheel.com

Parts!?!

sf08davep012.jpg

A section of the Manufactures Midway Area

sf08davep045.jpg

sf08davep081.jpg

sf08groundslg.jpg

I hope to have the convertible finished by this show. It's crunch time for sure. Either way I'll be there. Thanks again for the recommendation to go to Eric Thorsen for the vert top.-dAVE

Sadly Russell's (rlk340) Duster will be missed. The dark blue one in the middle.
sf08davep081.jpg

I hope to have the convertible finished by this show. It's crunch time for sure. Either way I'll be there. Thanks again for the recommendation to go to Eric Thorsen for the vert top.-dAVE

Did he allready put the top on? He does nice work. Not for free, but it is top notch.

Folks, daves66valiant is the ultimate JUST BRING IT guy.

Please don't feel intimidated to bring your car out to Spring Fling because you don't think it is "show quality". This is a Mopar gathering of people that share a common bond through thier cars. We have plenty of primered Darts at the show. One was on our show flyer last year.

Example #1 :cheers:

DaveValliant1Sm.JPG

DaveValliant2Sm.JPG

DaveValliant3Sm.JPG

Thanks for those pictures Steve. Never got ones with me in the car. That was the last time I drove the car too. That was a fun day. Needless to say this version will be much more complete.

I just ordered the top on Tuesday. I hope to get it to him in the next couple of weeks. I was actually pretty happy with the price he quoted. Plus he can have it done in a couple of days.

How about a Roll Call:

Here's a list of some FABO members that have attended Spring Fling recently. Who of you are planning for this year??:

Dartforte
Johnny Dart
Daves66Valiant
Burntorange70
67GTX
SoulSurvivor
slantscamp
madmax/6
HawaiiDuster
7DUSTER3
redfastback
MOPAR_JEFF
Migsbig
Crackedback
Mtn Thunder
camd64
OCDart

There's got to be a lot more FABO members i've missed on that list. Please respond.

Be there or be square!!!! I'll have the 64 Dart Vert

Spring Fling 2010 Roll Call List:

FABO member (car showing)

Daves66Valiant (66 Valiant)
DartForte (64 Dart vert)
JeffTheMarine
Mopardude318
camd64 (64 Dart)
oldmoparsrule (64 Dart or 65 Belvedere)
73duster47
6cuda7
Relax360
ocdart
slantscamp (63 Valiant Wagon)
cudavert

I might be going this year but it depends on how well house hunting goes next month. Ill either be driving the Dart the 350 miles to Van Nuys or about 1,800 miles to Texas.

I am in! If my 64 is road worthy, I will be in it. We may also have my dads 65 Belvedere running. Either way, we will be there.

Thanks,
OldMoparsRule

Anyone from up north thinking about going on the Spring Fling Coastal Caravan? They had 25 cars last year about double from the year before!!

redfastback and slantscamp went last year.

Must see awesome video from last year!!: http://www.vimeo.com/4514474

Pics from last year:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

IMG_3622.jpg

IMG_3640.jpg

I've been to the show for the last 13 years with my Dad, wouldn't dare miss it.
Gonna be looking for some parts to get my Duster back on the road with a real engine this time, hopefully it'll have fired by then, won't be drivable though.

I've been to the show for the last 13 years with my Dad, wouldn't dare miss it.
Gonna be looking for some parts to get my Duster back on the road with a real engine this time, hopefully it'll have fired by then, won't be drivable though.

Whats the deal the old motor? I think you had a rebuilt motor?

ive been going there since i was a baby, thats why im stuck on mopars only well for the execption of bmw s and harley davidsons. Anyways ill be there with my barracuda but it wont be entered in the show

ive been going there since i was a baby, thats why im stuck on mopars only well for the execption of bmw s and harley davidsons. Anyways ill be there with my barracuda but it wont be entered in the show

It's all good. Everyone is welcome in the show. There's all kinds of conditions of cars out there.

You must live near me. You have the blue 67 Barracuda that was at a paint shop off Easy st and Agate??

Whats the deal the old motor? I think you had a rebuilt motor?

I finished rebuilding a 360 for it about a month ago. the old engine was a Slant, second one to fail on me in 3 years, I hate those things. Rebuilding the trans next weekend, then just need cooling parts, ignition, fuel parts, and some luck and it'll run, basically will fire it up around late March early april, then need rear end, driveshaft, exhaust before it'll be on the road. It will be at the Fall Fling no matter what though.

...now the '70 super bee...that's another thing all together haha

Been there the past several years with Inland Mopars Car Club and our charity project cars. We're not doing a charity car in 2010, but a bunch of club members will be there for sure with their cars.

Been there the past several years with Inland Mopars Car Club and our charity project cars. We're not doing a charity car in 2010, but a bunch of club members will be there for sure with their cars.

You guys have down some phenomenal work on your charity cars. Hats off to all of you who put all that volunteer effort and time.

ocdart, are you bringing your 69 Dart?

No that wasnt me but i have seen that car around town and theres also a white 67. i have a notch its primered gray, i havent been driving it. It will be going into the shop in the next week or so to get the carb installed and tuned and new exhaust. Are you in Simi as well?

No that wasnt me but i have seen that car around town and theres also a white 67. i have a notch its primered gray, i havent been driving it. It will be going into the shop in the next week or so to get the carb installed and tuned and new exhaust. Are you in Simi as well?

Yes, I live in your same zip code The place that used to have the white 68 Dart conv parked in front of it.

What shop are you taking it too? Does you dad have a car he takes to Spring Fling?

Is the cruise in at the new mall up and running agian now?

Yes, I live in your same zip code The place that used to have the white 68 Dart conv parked in front of it.

What shop are you taking it too? Does you dad have a car he takes to Spring Fling?

Is the cruise in at the new mall up and running agian now?
JBS auto service for the carb install and tuning. then next door to Chips for the exhaust. and last the fineline customs i need my hood aligned. all these shops are on chambers lane. My dads car is still a work in progress hes never taken it to the spring fling hes got a 72 charger se with a 440+6 with a 4speed. I have an uncle that lives in encino and he will normally take his car on the sunday, he works quiet a bit. His is a 70 roadrunner lime green also 440+6 4speed with the air grabber hood and black hood stripes. I didnt know they had a cruise in at the new mall

-
Back