Spring Fling XXVI: April 17 & 18, 2010 Van Nuys CA -FABO roll call/meetup

-
Ive got a spot, but might have room to spare if someone needs to sell a few small parts and wants to share.

Ill be bringing early-a parts mainly and maybe a 727 trans.

I was going to try to bring my 65 but dont think that will happen this year

We have some pretty smart cookies on this forum. If a map and directions are posted in advance, I believe most everyone will find the designated FABO area (incl. Slantscamp). I don't think we need to throw any anxiety in the mix re: looking for slantscamp. Let's keep it as simple as possible. Keep in mind, although it would be very nice for every FABO member (who is bringing a car) to park together but the meet-up at noon is just that ... a meeting place to put names to faces (for those bringing cars and those who will be spectating).

Slantscamp will be in line @ 7am. I will be with him. Again (and hopefully without sounding too repetitive), if a map and directions are posted here in advance (the sooner the better), then the majority of the members should find it easily. As mentioned in my original post above, I will also place a large standup FABO board in that area.

As for Sunday, I just received a PM from Burnt saying that his plans have changed again and he will be at the show on Saturday and not Sunday so we will just meet back at slantscamps wagon on Sunday @ 12 as well. I will update the information in my original post.

I think if you talk with Steve Wall we may be able to get a spot on Saturday.

I'm planning to be there both days, and the track day (don't tell my wife), in the thoroughly patinated fish.

Max

someday......someday

Someday is coming. Next year will be our 25th Anniversary blowout. Lots of cars, advertising and special stuff. Extra special party.

There's a bunch of Red Deer Mopar folks we'd love to see come down to Spring Fling. I see a lot of them at Vegas.

Mark Lipton from Calgary is driving his 76 Road Runner down and going on the Coastal Tour from Seaside, CA. He's driven his 300-Hurst convertible clone, and Crossfire SRT-6 in the past. The Crossfire he took on the Willow Springs Track day!

ok you're killing me!....Will REALLY try for next year then.
I know Dwight is going with Mark....I used to own that 70 300 convertible.
We always go to Vegas (closer?) then never seem to have time/money to turn around and go to the Fling....
That cruise looks like alot of fun!

ok you're killing me!....Will REALLY try for next year then.
I know Dwight is going with Mark....I used to own that 70 300 convertible.
We always go to Vegas (closer?) then never seem to have time/money to turn around and go to the Fling....
That cruise looks like alot of fun!

Well, ask Mark and Dwight...

Take one year for a change of scenery.

Do you like used parts? Swap is over 4 times the size and there is no pre-show setup day where other swappers buyout all the good deals before you get there. We let them all in at 7:00am so as to give everyone a fair chance. Also our swap meet spots are only $45. So common everyday joes can cleanout there garages of parts at reasonable prices. When you charge $100 minimun for a spot, you're going to get mostly professional-like resellers (higher prices).

Do you like shaded trees and soft grass to walk on?

Do you like FREE spectator admission? That would pay about pay for the addition miles to L.A. if you were traveling with 2-3 people.

Glance through these show pics: http://public.fotki.com/wackydave/car_shows/car-shows-2008/spring-fling-xxii/

SF03Sat0054.JPG

SF03Sat0051.JPG

SF03Sat0056.JPG

UPDATE (4/7/10 @ 2:25am):

Slantscamp has graciously offered to let us meet by his wagon on Saturday & Sunday. On both days (at 12pm), we will be meeting by Slantscamp's '63 Valiant wagon (see pics below). It looks like a FABO area will be provided and a map/directions will be posted here very soon by autoxcuda. Please make sure you use the map/directions and be in the right area if you want to park with other members. Let's keep this simple, not overthink it and please remember to meet at Slantscamp's '63 Valiant wagon @ 12pm on Saturday and Sunday (Sunday being optional). See the pics of his car below so you know what to look for.

Note: I will make some sort of FABO/FBBO/FEBO board for both days. Nothing fancy ... just a board with some big a*s FABO/FBBO/FEBO letters. Several of us cross over on all three sites and a few members from our sister sites will be joining us. Also, if anyone wants to get a reminder call late morning (for either day), feel free to PM your cell number and your name (and screen name). I look forward to seeing everyone there.

One more time (in hopes of driving it home):

Saturday @ 12pm at Slantscamp's '63 Valiant Wagon (in the FABO area being provided for us)
Sunday @ 12pm at Slantscamp's '63 Valiant Wagon (in the 63-66 A-body or wagon class area)

P8083950-1.jpg

P8083945-1.jpg

Glad to see Mark making it down. he went with us on the Malibu Canyon run one year. i wonder when he's heading down? Say, where do we catch the Van Nuys blvd action on Wednesday evening? Any good parking spots close to the action and some eating spots. we get in Wednesday afternoon. Any Thursday car related activities?

For the swap, what time do folks arrive? Im guessing we follow the other cars who park on the grass, and just setup the parts on the side of the car right?

For the swap, what time do folks arrive? Im guessing we follow the other cars who park on the grass, and just setup the parts on the side of the car right?

Swappers AND Car show trailers come in the south gate.

Driven show cars come in the north gate.

Does this map clarify or make it more confusing?

North is due right in this picture

Groundsb.jpg

North is due upward in this picture

SF09MapOfParkDisplayTwo.JPG

I'll post a Spring Fling car show field map here and directions to the FABO section so people can go directly to the spot.

Do you know when we can expect the directions to the FABO section to be posted. It would be nice to let people know as soon as possible so there is less confusion. TIA.

Do you know when we can expect the directions to the FABO section to be posted. It would be nice to let people know as soon as possible so there is less confusion. TIA.

Enter the show car gate and go FIVE ROWS down. Then go about halfway down the row to the right side. Keep forming the FABO row section NORTH (upward in this picture). That way there won't be other cars in between.

DSC_3387FABOmap7.JPG

Hey Steve, any word on the chp having a display? or should I just bring the Duster in on a trailer anyways?

Hey Steve, any word on the chp having a display? or should I just bring the Duster in on a trailer anyways?

I saw our connection with the CHP at the Vegas show and I reminded about the display. He said he would follow through, but I haven't heard. Rrrrrgh.

Going both days, don't know if I will be bringing my car though. I might be selling parts on Sunday. Hope to meet up with some of you.

Ian

-
Back