spring relocation inboard help

-
4.5 works great w/ 8" rim
20201211_145648.jpg

Rolled fender lip on my 70 340 swinger is really the only modification I've done like others say it's car dependent. I run 26" 275 Nitto 50s 15s I have a 2-in overarch spring the body sits more down around the tires than the tires in the well. It's a little humped up for some people's liking but it works for me. Spring clearance isn't the problem it's fender clearance with the 275 you can get quite a bit more tire if you use a 7-in rim I use an 8 and I'm definitely maxed out

Rolled fender lip on my 70 340 swinger is really the only modification I've done like others say it's car dependent. I run 26" 275 Nitto 50s 15s I have a 2-in overarch spring the body sits more down around the tires than the tires in the well. It's a little humped up for some people's liking but it works for me. Spring clearance isn't the problem it's fender clearance with the 275 you can get quite a bit more tire if you use a 7-in rim I use an 8 and I'm definitely maxed out
What backspace wheel do you have?

What backspace wheel do you have?
I figured someone was going to ask thatI don't remember I bought the wheels a couple years ago they're small bolt pattern 8-in cragar 15-in I believe they only come in two back spacings and I believe I went with the largest but I'm shooting from the hip here

Wow it's a lot closer than I thought looks like about half an inch lol

IMG_20210126_192726802.jpg

IMG_20210126_192542643.jpg

Don't reference the Duster for your Dart. I had a set that fit nice on my Duster and would not work on a 68 Dart. Sorry I don't have tire sizes.
Unless it's a Demon.

You are not really running 4" pattern axles with an 8-10 " wheel are you ?? Where did you even find the rims..
Too many questions that pop up never mind.

I bought Centerlines from Summit with SBP and 8" width. Of course that was 35 years ago :p
On my '70 Valiant back then, with the offset shackle kit, I was running 235 rears. Still closer than I liked but they didn't rub.
My '72 Dart has minitubs and the spring relocation, and 295 has a lot of room. If I can find the right backspace wheels I'll go to 325!

-
Back