Spring Relocation

-

scatpakman

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just looking for information on where to buy a complete leaf spring relocation kit. Looking for the best price/quality. Also, looking for opinions;

Building a 1968 Dart, 383 Automatic pushing 425hp. Car will be street and strip. Is it worth upgrading to CalTracs if I'm relocating the springs and mini tubbing?

Make your own boxes if you can. The MP ones are absolute trash from a quality standpoint.

You can build you own cal track too.

check out bigblockdart.com tech pages,lots of good stuff

Schumacher's buddy Jon Stearns use to make 'em (the slip on tach brackets, engine swap kits, torque straps, etc.). All the old Mopar guys in Seattle know him and none have a bad word to say about the man.

Make your own boxes if you can. The MP ones are absolute trash from a quality standpoint.

You can build you own cal track too.

I got the MP ones not long ago, and they were really good quality!
Maybe I got lucky and got a good set??

I always wondered who was making the kits? I go through about one a month, and the last ones were like someone just decided to turn off the sheilding gas on the welds.... Hmmn....

I bought mine from Bill at The Car Farm. They are the rounded ones that match the contour of the frame rails. Good quality product. No complaints. Did a search and his website appears to be down?

After talking to moe people, I've decided to go all out. I'm ordering the CalTracs set up with MonoLeaf and relocation kit. Here's my question, are my only options Summit or MP? I tried goggling The Car Farm and nothing. Any other ideas?

I got all my stuff from mancini's in detroit. Great price and excellent service. They have good prices on cal-tracs as well.

kenny b

new side.jpg

I would buy my Caltrac's straight from Calvert. That way they can answer any questions concerning fitment or problems that you might have. I talked to them a couple of times and they were very cool.

They need to know some specific things about your car, so print out the sheet on their website and fill it out before ordering.

http://calvertracing.com/caltracs.html

Schumacher's buddy Jon Stearns use to make 'em (the slip on tach brackets, engine swap kits, torque straps, etc.). All the old Mopar guys in Seattle know him and none have a bad word to say about the man.

Funny how I keep hearing about Jon. I would like to meet him someday.

-
Back