SRT4 Dart

-
my brother bought a new dart with 2.0 6 speed, so far I'm not real impressed, it works okay but doesn't have much power to pass at highway speeds

6th gear is only good if your doing a constant no hill speed of 65-70 MPH

just an upgraded neon

nothing wrong with a 2000-2005 neon, the earlier ones got a bad name because of the headgaskets but they had that sorted out by 1999

its a downgrade really, a stock 2.0 neon has more power on the hills then a stock 2.0 dart, the 1.4 multi air turbo dart and the 2.0 non turbo neon has about the same power pulling hills

the specs say different but real life driving is where it shows; I've driven all 3

The SRT4 Dart has been rumored for a long time...and that article is nearly a year old. :(

Ralph Giles (who is a ST4 owner) has seemingly made this his peronal mission but I don't think they anticipated the weak sales of the standard Dart and that might play a factor. I wouldn't hold your breath, folks.

nothing wrong with a 2000-2005 neon, the earlier ones got a bad name because of the headgaskets but they had that sorted out by 1999

its a downgrade really, a stock 2.0 neon has more power on the hills then a stock 2.0 dart, the 1.4 multi air turbo dart and the 2.0 non turbo neon has about the same power pulling hills

the specs say different but real life driving is where it shows; I've driven all 3

Head gasket issues aside, there's nothing wrong with any Neon or "neon" (first gen). They were a ton of fun to drive and offered a lot more pleasure than a Civic or a "Chevrolet Cadaverlier". The 1990s Sentra SE-R was a bit more well sorted, IMO but the neon had the personality and the looks.

I'll take a Nitro Yellow Green sport coupe, please! Not a great pic... but you get the idea:

june003.jpg

that article is a year old almost. i remember it being posted he around the time the article was written

that article is a year old almost. i remember it being posted he around the time the article was written

yes I believe the new "srt dart will actually be a GT dart and is suppose to be released early in the new year

Look for a 200 with the new 3.6. I've seen one road test of 5.5 0-60 and 14 flat 1/4 mile. Those times seem to a an oddball as most are low 15's but makes you wonder. That motor pushes the bigger Challenger that fast so assuming no electronic nanny's taking over should push the little 200 to 14 sec.

Look for a 200 with the new 3.6. I've seen one road test of 5.5 0-60 and 14 flat 1/4 mile. Those times seem to a an oddball as most are low 15's but makes you wonder. That motor pushes the bigger Challenger that fast so assuming no electronic nanny's taking over should push the little 200 to 14 sec.

the 200 is quite a large car compared to a dart, or neon. there close to the sebring size in length

The 200 is not small. It's as big as my 73 Challenger. It looks like the SRT4 Dart is at SEMA so maybe it is on the way.

The SRT4 Dart has been rumored for a long time...and that article is nearly a year old. :(

Ralph Giles (who is a ST4 owner) has seemingly made this his peronal mission but I don't think they anticipated the weak sales of the standard Dart and that might play a factor. I wouldn't hold your breath, folks.

Head gasket issues aside, there's nothing wrong with any Neon or "neon" (first gen). They were a ton of fun to drive and offered a lot more pleasure than a Civic or a "Chevrolet Cadaverlier". The 1990s Sentra SE-R was a bit more well sorted, IMO but the neon had the personality and the looks.

I'll take a Nitro Yellow Green sport coupe, please! Not a great pic... but you get the idea:

june003.jpg

I'm currently lookin to get supplies around to paint my 99 neon sassy grass. Already reserved a set of rallyes for it :D just need to pick em up n put em on! Hope to have the car painted by spring!

I have the 1.4 turbo. It's not a race car but very much fun and the power it pretty good. I don't think a srt will be here soon and the gt is just a gt. They have a 2.4 4 cylinder non turbo. I love my wife dart it gets 27.5 mpg around town and around 40 on the road.
9373466939_a5dbabf7ef_z_zpsfa20a0dd.jpg
IMAG0110_zps13510748.jpg

I have the 1.4 turbo. It's not a race car but very much fun and the power it pretty good. I don't think a srt will be here soon and the gt is just a gt. They have a 2.4 4 cylinder non turbo. I love my wife dart it gets 27.5 mpg around town and around 40 on the road.

the GT will be the SRT replacement name, not out yet

http://www.dodge.com/en/2013/dart/gt/

The gt is already out

I knew the RT was out, the GT is the 2.4 multi air turbo, check out the link I posted

• 184-hp 2.4L Tigershark™ four-cylinder with MultiAir II.
  • Unique Black front fascia, Hyper-Black grille & 18-inch wheels.
  • Perforated Nappa leather-trimmed interior with 10-way power driver's seat.

its not out in canada yet

They don't make a rt dart. They are coming out with a scat pack 2.4 non turbo dart. It will have 3 stages but no turbo. Right know there is no plans on a turbo dart other than that 1.4 that is already out. Then do make a tune for it pushing 200whp with all stock parts.

They don't make a rt dart. They are coming out with a scat pack 2.4 non turbo dart. It will have 3 stages but no turbo. Right know there is no plans on a turbo dart other than that 1.4 that is already out. Then do make a tune for it pushing 200whp with all stock parts.

sorry meant to say the dodge dart ralley

the dodge dart GT limited is on the chrysler canada website for early 2014 release with the 2.4 turbo

The 200 with v6 is only 300 pounds more then the dart with a 4. So 10% more weight with 70% more power. Easily under $20,000 new, IMO much better deal then the Dart. The Dart just doesn't have the bang for the buck the old Neon had.

-
Back