SRT8 Challenger Test Drive

-

srduster340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Went to a test drive a 2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed this past weekend. I was totally blown away! Compared to a regular R/T, this is a completely different car. The suspension is much tighter, handles like a champ, but most of all, this thing pulls like a freakin' freight train! That 6.4 HEMI is the truth! I drove a 2013 SS Camaro 6 speed as well just for the hell of it. It sits too low, steering wheel to high and the ride is pretty rough. Not something I could live with driving every day. Power was strong but nowhere near the SRT8 Challenger. Guess what car I'm gonna buy next? :burnout:

I know of a white blue stripe SRT that is for sale, he has a hellcat coming

Some performance mods and has turned 11.86 1/4

I'm half owner in a 2010 SRT8 6 speed car. It has headers, no muffler exhaust and as far as we can tell by the lack of top speed shut down, it is chipped. It's like a crotch rocket! 100mph is 2300 rpm. 145+ by my partner and gears and gas to go. tmm

Attachments

• 015 (2).jpg
    49 KB · Views: 332
Motortrend just tested a 2015 6.4 Scat Pack against a Ss camaro and a 5.0 mustang. The Scat Pack spanked them both in every acceleration category. 0-60 in 4.2, 12.6 quarter mile @112.3 mph with the 8 speed automatic. All the writers could say was that it's big and can't handle. They're taking it up the rear by chevy and ford anyway. Never anything good about a Mopàr unless it's a blockbuster car like the Hellcat.

Dad just recently picked up a 2013 SRT8 Challenger. Low mile one owner car. You ain't kidding about the power that 6.4 has. This thing is an absolute blast to drive! The six speed trans adds even more excitement to the experience. Here is a photo from the day he bought it about a month ago.

Attachments

• 10636272_10152476410458250_8286207961012202075_n.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 300
Great! Now I want one even more.

True Mopar modern muscle, regardless what the haters say. The haters prob never drove a SRT Chally anyway. The wife loves her fuchsia SRT, she gets compliments daily on it. The kahunas this car has is impressive.

I'll be looking for a 2011 or newer SRT8 (non-core) as a graduation present for myself after March.

Can't wait for ours to be delivered!! They are a blast to drive! We did opt for the automatic but it still runs like a scalded dog!! They called and said early January ours will be delivered at our garage!

My son's (lives near Detroit) 2013 SRT8 he just bought in June, from a Mopar dealer in MI, it only had 5000 miles it was the sales managers personal car, Sales manger had Flowmaster cat back exhaust installed all SS and Mopar Cold Air intake, it is not tuned YET.. it will be. Automatic too, we took it on the dream cruise, had a blast!!

Attachments

• srt8 engine.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 200
  • srt8 2013.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 185
Anyone looking for a white SRT

Bill is selling his

View attachment image.jpg

Actually if I were in the market would like to have it myself

It is on the west side of Indianapolis, indiana

He is wanting 35k

Has cat back exhaust mod, stall convertor, lowering kit, computer upgrade, plus all the stock parts

If I stumble across $80K, I might consider a Hellcat. But in the mostly rush-hour traffic I drive, a Focus would serve as well or better. The new Chrysler 200 would be a better fit, but my experience with the 2 new vehicles I bought is they a big money pit and you still have car problems. They are only new for a month.

I sold my 2011 SRT and ordered my Hellcat and haven't heard anything, I may get it by my 50th birthday too by next year. It will most likely be my birthday present to myself too!!!

I have a 2011. I have installed a tune, Mopar Hurst pistol grip, 90mm throttle body, a few billet engine dress up pieces, Mopar front and rear strut braces and hood pins, zoomers exhaust, and rear window louvers. I love the power and how it handles. I am going to cam it this winter. Anyone who hates these cars have not driven one. I love my old school cars, but this car is just as nasty as any old car I have owned. I love the fact that the big three have brought back some retro styled muscle. Maybe our kids will actually have a chance to have V8 type muscle cars like we did that they can actually build and customize.

44B4DCE4_zps723bb6f2.jpg

325CC3C8_zps6647105d.jpg

Thanks for the report. I'd love to own one. To me they look good in just about any color. The car magazines say it's too heavy but some of us like to get more car for our money. The Camaro looks ridiculous and cheap, and while the Mustang is nice, they are just too commonplace.

-
Back