SRT8 Hellcat

-
I showed up with 70k cash to buy mine and still wasn't driving it until the title work was done. Maybe dealers are different there. At the same time I'm glad though. The ECU limits boost for the first like 10 or 15 miles. So when I rolled out of the showroom with 4 miles I knew I would be the first one to send the boost through the roof :)

Lol. I am going to call and see if I they allow someone to order one... Maybe that way I can get around the Dealer mark up.

What do you mean they were only out 2-3 years before they took the Superchargers off??

Good luck. Most dealers won't even let you sit in a car like that until it's in your name. I wasn't allowed to pull my GT500 out of the showroom until it was in my name.

What other "cobra" mustang came with a supercharger for 40k?

This video is talking with the chief engineer of the hellcat engine
You gotta watch this one, and hear that exhaust...OMG....fap fap fap lol!!

[ame]http://youtu.be/4msuzJGlsoY[/ame]

All of them? Lol. Every cobra/gt500 from 03-14 has been supercharged.

Well, yeah... but I think the key part of his comment was the "$40k" price tag.
The GT500 didn't come back until 2007 and at that point it was $50K+, IIRC.

A 2014 GT500 is $60k +/-.

...ford even has a TSB warning not to put mods on the coyote engine

http://www.themustangnews.com/conte...ns-of-modifications-to-2011-2012-5-0-mustangs

Yep. Ford would say this, of course.
There were some bad custom tunes going around back around the time that TSB came out that was eating up #8 cylinders. That's a thing of the past.

It turns out that the Coyote takes boost incredibly well. Stock/cast bottom end is good for 600rwhp. Swapping to the Boss 5.0 forged internals raises the potential quite a bit.

I have nearly 20,000 on my stock Coyote and that motor is a straight-up endorphin dispenser. Along with the 6spd, that is possibly the sweetest V8 I have ever driven.

Well, yeah... but I think the key part of his comment was the "$40k" price tag.
The GT500 didn't come back until 2007 and at that point it was $50K+, IIRC.

A 2014 GT500 is $60k +/-.

Actually that wasn't they key part of his post, if you read below. He said "they took the Superchargers off after the 2 year run of the 03/04, when in fact every SVT/Shelby product produced since then has had a blower. Also they stayed in the 40k range up until the 2013/2014 models which started at 54k.

Last time a car like this came out it was the 03-04 Cobra's and they were only out for 2-3 years before they took the superchargers off. And now if you buy one they are beat to hell.

Also there's still more mint 03/04s out there than not IMO. I have 11k miles on my 04 and it's in mint condition.

the SRT hellcat will be every bit the motor that the coyote is and then some. i know you guys love them stangs but they aren't the fastest horse in the barn anymore. not to mention the vipers will still stomp all over them without effort.

I will believe it when i see it ... i talked to a couple of engineers sitting in a challenger with a calibrating something with a lap top ... i told him if this vehicle does not have more than 660 hp to compete with mustang it was going to be a flop.. his reply is that the new generation mustang will not have a supercharger ... i think that meant that hp ratings on mustang will go down ???

Either way, the 40 horse power up it has on the GT500 is not going to be enough to make up for its 700lb weight difference in my opinion. The only saving grace I see the Hellcat having on the GT500 is the 8 speed auto. I think that thing will rip with that transmission. I wonder how tune-able these Hellcats will be, and how they will respond to mods such as bigger throttle bodies, smaller blower pullies, and etc. It isn't hard to make power with GT500s. Mine is over 700 at the tires now with under 1k dollars in bolt ons.

Excerpt from Torque News article (written by Patrick Rall):

"The Challenger is Among the World’s Best Supercars With 707 horsepower, the 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat ranks 6th in the world among production cars, trailing only LaFerrari, the McLaren P1, the Porsche 918, the Lamborghini Veneno and the Ferrari F12 Berlinetta – a group of cars which range in price from $319,000 to $4,000,000. Also, with 650lb-ft of torque, the Challenger Hellcat has more twisting power than all of those supercars except for LaFerrari and the McLaren P1. The Challenger SRT Hellcat is more powerful in terms of both horsepower and torque than the Lamborghini Aventador…a car which costs almost $400,000. I have included the top 11 most powerful cars in the world right now, going with 11 rather than 10 so that I can include the SRT Viper for reference.

Of course, I should point out that the 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat is heavier than any of the cars on the list below, but with such awe-inspiring power outputs 2015 Challenger owners will be able to at least give someone in a new Lamborghini a good race…if not beat the raging bull.

The Most Powerful New Cars in the World Today
1. LaFerrari – 950hp, 664tq, $1,400,000
2. McLaren P1– 903hp, 664tq, $1,150,000
3. Porsche 918 – 795hp, 575tq, $845,000
4. Lamborghini Veneno – 740hp, 590tq, $4,000,000
5. Ferrari F12 Berlinetta – 730hp, 508tq, $319,000
6. Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat – 707hp, 650tq, Price Unavailable
7. Lamborghini Aventador – 690hp, 507tq, $397,500
8. Ford Shelby GT500 Mustang – 662hp, 631tq, $55,110
9. Ferrari FF – 651hp, 504tq $295,000
10. Chevrolet Corvette Z06 – 650hp, 650tq, Estimated around $125,000
11. SRT Viper – 640hp, 600tq, $102,485

In introducing the 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat with 707 horsepower and 650lb-ft of torque, the Chrysler Group is showing that they might not have the bestselling muscle car in America, but they are very capable of making the most powerful muscle car. More so, it will be difficult for General Motors or Ford Motor Company to come up with a street legal engine that will beat the Hellcat so maybe – just maybe – this monster Hemi will serve as the most powerful muscle car engine of all time.

The 2016 Ford Shelby GT350 Mustang and the next generation Chevrolet Camaro are expected to arrive within the next couple years so both of the other Detroit automakers have a chance to reclaim the title of having the most powerful sports car on the market…but with 707 horsepower, it will be a daunting task to knock off the Hellcat."

See more at: http://www.torquenews.com/106/2015-...werful-american-car-ever#sthash.1xLiXAQL.dpuf

Actually that wasn't they key part of his post, if you read below. He said "they took the Superchargers off after the 2 year run of the 03/04, when in fact every SVT/Shelby product produced since then has had a blower. Also they stayed in the 40k range up until the 2013/2014 models which started at 54k.

Also there's still more mint 03/04s out there than not IMO. I have 11k miles on my 04 and it's in mint condition.

Wasn't the point I was making. My friend too has the 04. Point is a majority are and have been beaten on if not with the original owner. And no one has come close to making a car similar to it for the price.

They will also have a problem matching the power if the price on the Hellcat is low enough for people.

Excerpt from Torque News article (written by Patrick Rall):

"The Challenger is Among the World’s Best Supercars With 707 horsepower, the 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat ranks 6th in the world among production cars, trailing only LaFerrari, the McLaren P1, the Porsche 918, the Lamborghini Veneno and the Ferrari F12 Berlinetta – a group of cars which range in price from $319,000 to $4,000,000. Also, with 650lb-ft of torque, the Challenger Hellcat has more twisting power than all of those supercars except for LaFerrari and the McLaren P1. The Challenger SRT Hellcat is more powerful in terms of both horsepower and torque than the Lamborghini Aventador…a car which costs almost $400,000. I have included the top 11 most powerful cars in the world right now, going with 11 rather than 10 so that I can include the SRT Viper for reference.

Of course, I should point out that the 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat is heavier than any of the cars on the list below, but with such awe-inspiring power outputs 2015 Challenger owners will be able to at least give someone in a new Lamborghini a good race…if not beat the raging bull.

The Most Powerful New Cars in the World Today
1. LaFerrari – 950hp, 664tq, $1,400,000
2. McLaren P1– 903hp, 664tq, $1,150,000
3. Porsche 918 – 795hp, 575tq, $845,000
4. Lamborghini Veneno – 740hp, 590tq, $4,000,000
5. Ferrari F12 Berlinetta – 730hp, 508tq, $319,000
6. Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat – 707hp, 650tq, Price Unavailable
7. Lamborghini Aventador – 690hp, 507tq, $397,500
8. Ford Shelby GT500 Mustang – 662hp, 631tq, $55,110
9. Ferrari FF – 651hp, 504tq $295,000
10. Chevrolet Corvette Z06 – 650hp, 650tq, Estimated around $125,000
11. SRT Viper – 640hp, 600tq, $102,485

In introducing the 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat with 707 horsepower and 650lb-ft of torque, the Chrysler Group is showing that they might not have the bestselling muscle car in America, but they are very capable of making the most powerful muscle car. More so, it will be difficult for General Motors or Ford Motor Company to come up with a street legal engine that will beat the Hellcat so maybe – just maybe – this monster Hemi will serve as the most powerful muscle car engine of all time.

The 2016 Ford Shelby GT350 Mustang and the next generation Chevrolet Camaro are expected to arrive within the next couple years so both of the other Detroit automakers have a chance to reclaim the title of having the most powerful sports car on the market…but with 707 horsepower, it will be a daunting task to knock off the Hellcat."

See more at: http://www.torquenews.com/106/2015-...werful-american-car-ever#sthash.1xLiXAQL.dpuf

so when the new 2015 challenger srt8 come out its stock HP will be 707? that's what dreams are made of

it will probably stay together better than the maxed out coyote engines with bolt on magazine superchargers :D

ford even has a TSB warning not to put mods on the coyote engine

http://www.themustangnews.com/conte...ns-of-modifications-to-2011-2012-5-0-mustangs

LOL, a guy around here has a 2011 5.0 rustang that he put a blower on. The damn thing will do 6.8 in the 1/8th, otherwise stock.

Lot of big talk about this car and some big claims, but show me some times instead of a car slipping on a poorly prepped track. Sheeze.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fU7rM6qaMc"]Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat - Horsepower Revealed! - YouTube[/ame]

Even if they're 90k they're a FRACTION of rest of those super cars!!

True. Kind of funny when you look at the list and see all of the cars from a few hundred thousand to millions then the GT500 in the middle for 50k lol. I'm glad the big 3 are starting the war on horsepower again!

I will believe it when i see it ... i talked to a couple of engineers sitting in a challenger with a calibrating something with a lap top ... i told him if this vehicle does not have more than 660 hp to compete with mustang it was going to be a flop.. his reply is that the new generation mustang will not have a supercharger ... i think that meant that hp ratings on mustang will go down ???

Doesn't mean it hasn't gotten with the times and added twin turbos instead of a supercharger.

-
Back