SRT8 Hellcat

-
Even if they're 90k they're a FRACTION of rest of those super cars!!

I love the American brands ALOT but comparing the challenger or Shelby to the other cars in that list is apples to oranges. The hp is very respectable and maybe the 1/4 times but those other cars would literally drive circles around ford and chrysler.

LOL, a guy around here has a 2011 5.0 that he put a blower on. The damn thing will do 6.8 in the 1/8th, otherwise stock.

Lot of big talk about this car and some big claims, but show me some times instead of a car slipping on a poorly prepped track. Sheeze.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fU7rM6qaMc

That's pretty funny since a guy here bought a 2012 5.0 and put a blower on it and it'll only run 8.0. Otherwise stock? sure.....

I love the American brands ALOT but comparing the challenger or Shelby to the other cars in that list is apples to oranges. The hp is very respectable and maybe the 1/4 times but those other cars would literally drive circles around ford and chrysler.

That's true. But I'll take muscle that handles ok over tuner that handle great.

Even if they're 90k they're a FRACTION of rest of those super cars!!
speed-wise, too- wow, it's got more horsepower than an Aventador!!! Too bad you won't even remember what that Lambo's taillights looked like after a few seconds lol.

That's true. But I'll take muscle that handles ok over tuner that handle great.

In the case of most of those cars I could honestly say I would rather have a couple big block a bodies. However I would sell my soul for a Ferrari.

Sell Dart GTS with all goodys and sell 14 SRT8 Challenger. Buy 707HP 6 Speed Warranty'd Challenger Hellcat. Hmm.

I talked to the Dodge dealer here and the manager has optioned and ordered 2 of them.Price starts at $75,000.I'm considering actually buying a Challenger now that it should run with the competition.This one may not be a disgrace to the "Hemi" and "Challenger" name and should have the brand X boys running away like the good ol days.They are supposedly making a 6.2 Hellcat Charger as well.From what I understand the 300 will not have it,nor the Jeep.It's supposedly a Dodge only engine,but I can see some demand for the other makes/models.

I talked to the Dodge dealer here and the manager has optioned and ordered 2 of them.Price starts at $75,000.

and i wonder how much after the dealer adds its cut. probably another 10k.

and should have the brand X boys running away like the good ol days.

i highly doubt that.. :)

According to the P.R. for the Hellcat, the M.S.R.P. is $45,000. It's a shame that body-in-white is not available for Chrysler vehicles. This would allow REGULAR people to build one. I can see N.H.R.A. classiffing this baby, SS/AAAAA. That puts my Scamp in SS/ZZZZ. Too funny for words.

We can only hope Joe.I'm just glad that Ma is at least back in the horsepower wars with something other than a $100k+ Viper.You know GM and Ford will up the expectations for 2016.It would be nice if they could put the Chally on a diet or do what Lamborghini and Ferarri are doing and offer a "lightweight" model with some things deleted from the options list.I'd like to check out the thread for the first Hellcat swap someone does in their A body.

Isnt a current SRT8 Challenger like 55k? I can't imagine them selling cheaper for something 10x more bad ***....

It is, I think I paid 53K for my 2013 fully optioned. I'm guessing 75K plus "market adjustment" by the dealership. They start getting into the 90K range, no one will buy it. They will squeeze as much oink out of the pig as possible. My buddy has a dealership, says I can have one at MSRP. That's as good as it will get. Also, look for allotment per dealership. All may not get one.

-
Back