SS Slant Six Dart

-
Torque the head and test the Rear....:shock:

Sorry,couldnt resist. :razz:

Well, I'm no engineer or scientist. But I have seen first hand that turning Holleys sideways on a tunnel ram makes a car pick up in the 1320. Damned if I know why, but it does. Throw whatever theory out there you want, but it works. It would seem to me that if fuel was pilin up against the rear side of the float bowls and uncovering jets on the front side that that pick up would not occur. Besides, all of the "jet uncovering" theories I've ever heard have to do with the REAR float bowls when the carburetors are facing foward. That would certainly tend to make one lay down on the top side it would seem.....but again, all I have is experience, no theories.

The engine in our car will never see the street; it's a race-only motor that will do it's best work enjoying 25+ pounds of boost (hopefully... at least, that's the plan, and we all know what happens to "plans.")

That in mind, do you think it make any difference at all, which way the carb is oriented? The throttle butterflies will be virtually an "on/off" switch, if things go the way we hope. (like, that's gonna happen...):toothy5:

The engine in our car will never see the street; it's a race-only motor that will do it's best work enjoying 25+ pounds of boost (hopefully... at least, that's the plan, and we all know what happens to "plans.")

That in mind, do you think it make any difference at all, which way the carb is oriented? The throttle butterflies will be virtually an "on/off" switch, if things go the way we hope. (like, that's gonna happen...):toothy5:

probably not but it might be worth a test at the strip!

Torque the head and test the Rear....:shock:

Sorry,couldnt resist. :razz:

oh yea funny guy!

ok so just finished the second heat cycle... gonna re torque the head at lunch and hope fully find some body to help me bleed the brakes... my girl wanted nothing to do with it this morning...

oh yea funny guy!

ok so just finished the second heat cycle... gonna re torque the head at lunch and hope fully find some body to help me bleed the brakes... my girl wanted nothing to do with it this morning...

This worked for me on a pinch 805moparkid :thumbrig:

Attachments

• Axle bearing change 092.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 892
This worked for me on a pinch 805moparkid :thumbrig:

yea i was thinking about something like that... well had a friend come over and got them bleed... went on a test drive and the rear was pretty noisy but its my first one so i figured it would be...

car is already on the lift with the center out... get it fixed tomarrow and go to pavilions...

Just remove the M/C cap open the bleeders and let it gravity bleed. Works real good.

ok so the rear is done! got some more painting done...

i also got my neutral safety switch in and the frame connectors!

tomorrow i go on the dyno and check my AFR readings...

pics later

ok so went on the dyno today! long drive down there... man with 3.91's its like driving in second gear on the freeway lol...

well anyways the car did great on the dyno! AFR's were really close to where we thought they should be so that was good...

did a pull and it made 220hp and 250tq...

ok so here the pics i promised!

new rear end tires!
engine compartment finished spray bomb!
frame connectors welded in
Cobalt mini-monster tach with shift light installed!

Attachments

• 101_4394.JPG
    108 KB · Views: 819
  • 101_4398.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 834
  • 101_4396.JPG
    108 KB · Views: 810
  • 101_4401.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 841
  • 101_4397.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 802
ok so here the pics i promised!

new rear end tires!
engine compartment finished spray bomb!
frame connectors welded in
Cobalt mini-monster tach with shift light installed!

GREAT progress!!! When will you have an opportunity to take it to the strip so we can see how much it picked up? I'm really curious, now...:iconbigg:

GREAT progress!!! When will you have an opportunity to take it to the strip so we can see how much it picked up? I'm really curious, now...:iconbigg:

leaving for MATS tomarrow @ 5am... heading up with 65 cuda and i think someone else...

Madmax(Mark) said that vegas track is really stick and lose a 1th and also because of some other track conditions so i'll be happy with mid to high 13's...

leaving for MATS tomarrow @ 5am... heading up with 65 cuda and i think someone else...

Madmax(Mark) said that vegas track is really stick and lose a 1th and also because of some other track conditions so i'll be happy with mid to high 13's...

Good luck at Vegas!!! I hope your car runs as quick as you want it to!

Remember, though, the strip at Las Vegas is at some altitude, maybe 2,500 frt. That's a loss of about two tenths of a second compared with a sea-level track, in a car like yours.

Consider that when evaluating your Vegas performance. It really IS that "slow" there, compared with zero elevation.

Good luck at Vegas!!! I hope your car runs as quick as you want it to!

Remember, though, the strip at Las Vegas is at some altitude, maybe 2,500 frt. That's a loss of about two tenths of a second compared with a sea-level track, in a car like yours.

Consider that when evaluating your Vegas performance. It really IS that "slow" there, compared with zero elevation.

yea i told mark that home track (speedworld)is like 1500ft feet so no to much difference then im used to

ok well MATS went great! car drove all the way to vegas, raced, and drove home with out so much as a fit! and some how got 20mpg there and back! lol

only ran a 14.999 @ 92mph but it ran strong...

found some issues that needed to be attended to like

traction lol (thanks MADMAX for loaning me the slicks)

shackle angle and spring stiffness

and shocks!

did run it the same week here W speedworld and ran a 14.73 @ 92 and dropped my 60ft from 2.3 to 2.15...

so i have new SS springs in it, adjustable drag shocks, and spacers for the springs so will see how it does next time out!

also need the roller rockers so i can ge the head flow needed for the upper RPMs... i hit a wall @ about 5600 w/ .476 lift, head flows over 200cfm @ .550

Attachments

• IMG_3757.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 5,526
ok so im gearing up hard to make my intake manifold!

should start next month if funds permit!

Attachments

• TNT manifold start outside middle inside runners.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 697
pretty cool, but why are you running the runners that way and not in the typical menorah style arrangement? just curious.

pretty cool, but why are you running the runners that way and not in the typical menorah style arrangement? just curious.

because with the "menorah" style you have un-equal runner lengths and where they join together there is alot of "fighting" among cylinders for fuel and air...

with the way im doing it each runner will have a correct volume and length for a given engine and rpm... also with each runner entering the plenum individually it will help with pulse tuning and distribution...

Very interesting. I wonder how much horsepower you will pick up along with torque 8) You have a pretty serious build going which is really cool. You, Dan, Bill, and MadMax are very knowledgeable on the 6s. :cheers: Its awesome to see people do things like make custom intakes for them

Very interesting. I wonder how much horsepower you will pick up along with torque 8) You have a pretty serious build going which is really cool. You, Dan, Bill, and MadMax are very knowledgeable on the 6s. :cheers: Its awesome to see people do things like make custom intakes for them

i think 15hp/15tq wouldn't be out of the question just because of frictional loss due to cylinders fighting each other to complete there cycle....

ok so got the carb done! it was sticking in the secondaries and ended up being the linkage was tweaked a little...

but while my bud was looking at it he went ahead and machined all the mating surfaces flat! had to take almost .012 to make them flat!!!!

so got the carb back on and got all the CE drag shocks on... also got the blocks back but am thinking of taking a main leaf out of the springs so they are not so stiff...

Attachments

• 0425111807.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 718
-
Back