SS springs

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
P# 3412002 and 3421003 $232.49 Canadian each.For my 69 Dart who has them and how do you like them any mods have to be done to install them.Not sure If i want to re arch my 40 year old springs.As you can see in the pic she sits to low for me.How much lift will I get with that spring.

sony pic 193.jpg

My car was siting like yours. Then I put on the 02/03 S/S springs. It is siting right where I like it now. I like them a lot. They work well and they firmed up the ride a lot.

Dart2.jpg

Dart1.jpg

I ordered the XHD springs from the local dealer(Mopar Performance)cost just alittle over $300.I believe the SS springs were made for drag racing,I read lastnite in Vic Storms thread that the left SS spring has 5 leafs and the right one has 6.Now I,m wondering if the car would lean to one side abit?

They both have the same number of leafs. My car is a little higher on one side then the other. Can't remember what side though.

Here,s a quote from FstFish66 in Vic Storms thread.. the super stock springs are 6 on the left side and 8 on the right side,,they are designed for drag racing,,they wil lift your car a little higher then stock springs ide go with a stock type replacement from a local spring shop or J.C WHITNEY also carries the stock type,,

Not trying to start anything,I,m just going by what I read and I,m sure FstFish66 knows his stuff from looking at his nice Cuda.Regardless,I hope you can find what you want Snake.

The eight on the one side is to counter the torque of the launch. And yeah it will sit a little higher on that side.
Cant remember what side is the high side sorry....

My car sat a little bit higher on the right side with the 002/003's.After a while they evened out after a while.

From what I have hered the old ones had different number on one side then the other. But the new ones have the same number on both sides. Just a different rate. I know my 02/03 S/S springs have the same # of leafs.

My '72 Duster was sagging some in the rear end too and I needed to replace the springs. and being it is a Street/strip car so I went with the SS springs. I love mine. Yes it sits one inch higher on the right side, but I don't mind it at all it just reminds me of why they are there. And it rides great too..you wouldn't know they are under there at all when you are going down the street. They raised the rear end of the car from where it was about 2 1/2 ". I like'em..

Terry

Boy o boy o boy.Now i had problims picking the cam for the dart,I sure want to end up withmy dart siting level guys.Sounds like the SS springs are not for me.Dont plan on drag racing the dart was thinking of maybe 1 or 2 passes down the track once a year but thats it.Ok guys more input needed as to what to buy.Thanks Don

-
Back