St Thomas Mopar Day

-
My plans just changed, so I won't be able to make it out after all. You guys have fun.

Dave

OK guys, how did everyone do today?
I was out first round...dialled 10.82 ran 10.84(poor RT):violent1: It was a good turnout and nice to see the Hemi Shootout cars.I also met Ray Costello and his 66 Valiant(Dart)Canadian small block car.I think he was running 8.94 in the 1/4 mile.:D I enjoyed myself meeting many Mopar minded people,whether showing their cars or racing them.:cheers:

My friend won ET 1 in his 67 Plymouth

Attachments

• 53730_10203958542981350_850445621638698141_o.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 240
We had a fun Day for sure. I was really happy with how my Dart ran. It was pretty consistent running a 12.71, 72, 75, and a 78 spinning a little on the first run.

I lost first round in a some what close race. I dialed 12.70 and ran a 72. Other guy dialed a 12.65 and ran a 70. He got me on the tree with an .018 to my .070.

Here's the video.... Go pro worked pretty good.

[ame="http://youtu.be/FUZAq5ktCl8"]http://youtu.be/FUZAq5ktCl8[/ame]

Dad had a funny day in the lil red express.... he rode 3 straight red lights against him and a bye run to the semi's where he red lit to the eventual winner.

I had a great time. I'm really happy with how my car ran considering it's combo... I think it's pretty stout as a stock stoke 360 with 3.55's and full street car. I'll hopefully be out with it again at Mopar Day at TMP in the fall.

Here's another video of a tt

[ame="http://youtu.be/gx4RqZ9cTCM"]http://youtu.be/gx4RqZ9cTCM[/ame]

I also got a 1.78 60' which I think is pretty good. I don't know how much stock I take from that because I've always wondered if that place had the 60' beams at 58'... they did prep the place which is great but I find it funny everyone seems to have record 60's but same ET's. Anyway, I'm pretty stoked about this pile I have if you can't tell... lol

I also got a 1.78 60' which I think is pretty good. I don't know how much stock I take from that because I've always wondered if that place had the 60' beams at 58'... they did prep the place which is great but I find it funny everyone seems to have record 60's but same ET's. Anyway, I'm pretty stoked about this pile I have if you can't tell... lol

I agree. I ran a tenth quicker 60 foot with the same ET last year. It may be closer to 50 feet.

Darcy

I went to St Thomas on Saturday to run the ONDR race. Really disappointed that they were only running 1/8 mile. Caught an .018 light on my first time trial, and then red on my second. Overcorrected in first round of eliminations and ran a 7.4449 on a 7.45 dial to loose. Ran one more run in a consolation round and ran 7.416, which was my best of the day. Best MPH was 93.75.

The 1/8 mile time for my best run at Cayuga was 7.379 at 94.27, all the rest were 7.4's. My best 60 foot time at Cayuga was 1.665 and my best on the weekend was 1.6439. The average was about 1.65 while the average at Cayuga was about 1.7, so a little difference. The way my car is geared I just shift into 3rd right before the 1/8 mile, which makes it difficult to see what is happening with the competition. Still a good day, drove to the track, raced all day and drove home, a 160 mile round trip, and made it all on one tank of gas!

Ya, I'm pretty sure that the Mopar race is the only event they have where you can run 1/4 mile. Its just a deal that Dave makes with the track because there is a lot of interest in 1/4 mile. I think if you personally rent the track you can run 1/4 mile so maybe that's Dave does it.

Glad you had fun day and lost a close race. Pretty impressed you drove there and back and raced on a tank. I don't want to ask what it cost to fill even the small tank.

My car was empty when I got there and I put 5 gallons of 94 in the car and it only showed a 1/4 tank. It was like $35 for the 5 gallons at the pump... probably be close to 80 bucks to fill my car now although I only run 91 on the street. That being said, I trailered my car and spend $150 in fuel for the truck by the time I drove and got the trailer and took it back.... Not a cheap sport and makes it worse if you think of just what it takes to get to the track. I'm a lot farther then you but I think I'll drive the car to TMP for Mopar Day in the fall.

-
Back