Stacey David on Gearz

-
how talented is he or is he just reading the q cards and sponcers throwing the money for the build.....................

He has to be tallented, or bring something to the table....unless the producers just wanted someone with 80's hair :mrgreen:

Come on. You sound like a bunch of women talking about the guys hair. I'm sure that some of you wouldn't look very good on tv either.

He has built some pretty cool mopars. Sgt Rock and the Drag 'N' Wagon? I really liked the Cherry Bomb dodge too (I know that he didn't build it).

I really liked his show the past couple of seasons but seems that towards the end of last season and the beginning of this one it turned into 5 minutes or work and the rest is a commercial.

I give him credit, he was on spike and they gave him the boot in favor of some other guys. He started a new show from scratch and got a decent following again. He was really showing the avg person how to do a project because honestly he didn't have much money in his show.

Now its all sponsors controlling what happens, thats why when they play the reruns its the same show 50 times because those are the most recent ad campaigns.

Still like the show though, i usually just dvr it and watch it first thing in the morning on the weekends or real late at night. Same with the spike shows, the way i see it at least i'm watching a show about working on cars.

The shows I really can't stand are the other ones on speed. Truck U and Two guys garage. Those are shows ment for people who honestly don't even own a ratchet set.

Doods bitchin about a dood's hair on TV. GHEY.

im sure he is a great guy. im certianly not judging him as a person, i dont even know him. its just a shame that the guy cant spend his 30 minutes actually putting together stuff we can get some real value out of instead of listening to him push products that most of us will never buy. ....just my opinion LOL

MY POINT EXACTLY! I do like Stacey David. I find him entertaining and funny,stealing cars off lot's,playing with slot cars,etc I laughed like crazy at the slot car episode,and my son thought it was hilarious as well. Some of what he does is just quality entertainment making folks laugh (GOD KNOWS I NEED A GOOD LAUGH NOW AND THEN).

The parts flogging makes me sick. Theres ZERO value in it for me,along with about 99% of the population ( hey 1% of north america has 99% of the money,lets not forget that).

MY POINT EXACTLY! I do like Stacey David. I find him entertaining and funny,stealing cars off lot's,playing with slot cars,etc I laughed like crazy at the slot car episode,and my son thought it was hilarious as well. Some of what he does is just quality entertainment making folks laugh (GOD KNOWS I NEED A GOOD LAUGH NOW AND THEN).

The parts flogging makes me sick. Theres ZERO value in it for me,along with about 99% of the population ( hey 1% of north america has 99% of the money,lets not forget that).

the sad thing is that, most of those "power block" shows , including "hot rod tv" , "truck u" "gears" "car crazy" etc etc are all about pushing products. i use to watch these shows and now days, they are almost painful to watch with the 20 minutes of product pushing and demos, and 10 minutes of tech. simple solution for me, i just dont tune in

73abodee yes,very painfull to watch a show selling stuff your never going to be able to afford. It's more of an insult than anything. Kinda like the fat useless kid having all the toys and going "nanabooboo,I have all this **** and you dont".

I have made my decision. I will be cancelling my paid channels,and putting the savings in my Dart if I can find parts that dont make me feel like I've been raped.I will no longer put up with maybe 6 new shows/yr and reruns for the rest.I will no longer tolerate parts pushing.

The parts pushing has gotten far worse too. It's like the parts manufacturers think we just need more advertising to buy. WRONG. What I want is real value for my money,a QUALITY PART FOR LESS $$

i mean honestly ,how many regular enthusiasts out there are really going to spend 30K on a pair of rockwell 2 ton axles to put under their jeep cherokee and then need a product to help the street drivability issues that one guy is having? seriously? ,come on. i would rather watch the peoples court and learn about the liabilities of companies that are trying to burn people LOL

I've always greatly enjoyed watching Stacey David on Trucks when I was younger. I am slightly disappointed though with gears because 1.its only half an hour and 2.too much talking about sponsors and too many commercials. I would definatly hang out and jam on guitar with him though because he seems like an awesome dude to have as a friend.

i mean honestly ,how many regular enthusiasts out there are really going to spend 30K on a pair of rockwell 2 ton axles to put under their jeep cherokee and then need a product to help the street drivability issues that one guy is having? seriously? ,come on. i would rather watch the peoples court and learn about the liabilities of companies that are trying to burn people LOL

Especially when 2.5 Ton Rockwells can be picked up for a decent price (usually with the Duece and a Half still attached to them :D ) and then some money on big tires too (even the used military tires & wheels to fit them are pretty cheap). Lots of guys in the off-road community run used (3/4 tread or better) military tires & wheels because they can be bought for a fraction of the price of one new off road tire.

Product placement on car shows has been around forever. Remember Shade Tree Mechanic back in the days of TNN? Two dudes in a garage with every tool imaginable under the sun, including a lift, pushing all of the companies that supplied the tools. So much for working under a shade tree!

Oh, and I couldn't care less about Stacey's hair. :)

The guy is trying to make a living. Give him a break already.
Do you think you could do it better, and without sponsors?
It's better than 99% of the crap on TV.
Use your DVR.
Go watch your stupid man bashing sit-com if you don't like it.

i love his show i expecially love when he does a big welding job he really gives u alot of good advice and shows u how to do stuff ive learned a few things from him and love to sit and watch whenever hes on.the hairdo is a lil stuck in the 70's but hey so am i i drive a aspen and jam van halen all day(halen not hagar

Yeah guys, c'mon. Who cares about his hair?! I've watched his show a few times but like it has been said here - it's kinda unrealistic.
The costs of most of what he pitches are insane.
For example, that blue Mercury Cougar, that car has $40k in parts on it. LOL.

Seems like a nice enough guy. Just out there trying to make a living, and help keep the hot rod dream alive. Seems we need more guys like this in our corner.If you don't like it, turn the channel.

The other day, like, he was wearing denim shorts, a brown T shirt and, like, red welding mask. I was like, "Oh Emm Gee".

the product pushing pays for the shows, a necessary evil I suppose. I'm just happy there's shows about cars, what else are you going to watch, one of the million reality shows that make you want to puke :violent1:

The ONLY way to watch these shows is to TEVO them !

I can't watch them live, too many long breaks and you forget what the subject is.

I love fast forward :)

Stacy is the best of the bunch, now if his show had more episodes / "season" and 1 hour shows with only the current amount of commercials it would be much improved.

i like stacey david. i met him at a good guys car show once. very nice guy and he takes the time to talk to you. i like his shows too. kinda funny. its his hair, i dont care about the hair.

-
Back