Stand by Carolinas!

-
One of my neighbors at the beach stayed and rode it out because she’s an RN, and essential personnel at the hospital. She said it was raining cats and dogs........and she stepped into a huge poodle! Reports from our hood are no significant damage.

I got an email from WallyWorld this morning announcing a benefit program for Florence relief in the Carolinas. They match every dollar donated through WalMart up to $5M. There must be something I need to shop for at WalMart today.

The piedmont area where I am are experiencing heavy bands of rain followed by light showers. Still quite windy.

We got some wind gusts and about a teaspoon of rain. Saint Helena Island SC about 10 miles from the Ocean.

Jeff

We just got word from a neighbor at the beach who put eyes on our camper, that it made it thru unscathed. She said we needed to pick up a few small sticks, and rake the leaves that got blown off the trees, and we’re good to go. I’m headed to Wilmington in the morning to join my co-workers who left Asheville today, to help get the power back on. There’s a lot out that we can’t even get to in order to get it back on.

A friend attempted to go to Wilmington to take care of his property but hasn't been Able to get there. I 40 closed. I 95 closed he 70 shut down. May be better by the time you get there

Prayers for those folks in Onslow, Craven and New Hanover Counties!

Others too!

They took a beatin!!!!

We have a 26" tall trash can on our deck that was empty and stashed between furniture to avoid becoming airborne.

It now has 3" of space on top. So 21" recorded here in the center of the state.

just a pittance compared to the folks East of us!

A friend attempted to go to Wilmington to take care of his property but hasn't been Able to get there. I 40 closed. I 95 closed he 70 shut down. May be better by the time you get there

Tommy....I’m in Wilmington right now. I took I-40 east to exit 373, turned right at the end of the ramp and took that all the way to 421. Left on 421 and it goes right into Wilmington. Not much gas here if he comes.

Tommy....I’m in Wilmington right now. I took I-40 east to exit 373, turned right at the end of the ramp and took that all the way to 421. Left on 421 and it goes right into Wilmington. Not much gas here if he comes.
Thanks. Ill pass that on to him

-
Back