Starting point Ramcharger

-
memike did you paint your hood also?
Not yet Cliff :mrgreen: Creed has it at his friends shop with the trans out and at the rebuilders shop :glasses8:
I did the last picture with paint program on our computer to show how I am going to paint it and keep the RR stripe on it with RAM WAGON call outs on it :colors:

Not yet Cliff :mrgreen: Creed has it at his friends shop with the trans out and at the rebuilders shop :glasses8:
I did the last picture with paint program on our computer to show how I am going to paint it and keep the RR stripe on it with RAM WAGON call outs on it :colors:

It works well memike.

It works well memike.
Thank you Cliff, I think keeping it white will give it a neat custom look, I was thinking about blacking part of it out, But I am going to do it right and paint it white :rock:

Now if you can figure a way to make them scoops functional.

looking good! i like the inside trim of the ones like your... i gotta figure out a mix to fix up mine on the innards so its not so loud inside goin down the road... lol

Now if you can figure a way to make them scoops functional.
It is functional :glasses8: all I have to do is remove the small gills you see I painted red in my last picture, it is open to the engine bay and sends fresh air in :colors:

looking good! i like the inside trim of the ones like your... i gotta figure out a mix to fix up mine on the innards so its not so loud inside goin down the road... lol
Love your Truck big time Gnome :colors:
The grill is my favorite grill ever on these trucks :glasses8:
Heck!! Por 15 and heat/sound mat and carpet it then use a full size floor mat for the muddy days :glasses8: Thank you sir :mrgreen:

memike i have a black gauge overlay for a 2wd truck if u might want that instead of the wood. I also have a stamped steel rear bumper, nice build so far, i have a 1983 d150 stepside 360/4 spd i'm working on right now

memike i have a black gauge overlay for a 2wd truck if u might want that instead of the wood. I also have a stamped steel rear bumper, nice build so far, i have a 1983 d150 stepside 360/4 spd i'm working on right now
Thank you :happy7:, We all ready changed the dash to the black one that was in the 3/4 tun and I like it much better.
I am going to keep the small smooth rear bumper and add a small receiver style hitch for it, This will be a HWY truck and just pull my 14 aluminum fishing boat :love4:, The trans has a new rebuild dun and it's back in the ramcharger now and doing great :eek:ccasion::eek:ccasion: $500 with the heavy duty clutch packs and a 2.100 new stall converter with one year warranty on it, the builder is a friend and has been building these Mopar transmissions over 30 years and he said the trans look new inside. So I am setting pretty so far :love4: Now for a new set of tires and I would like to find the factory installed center caps...... or is there another option ? :blackeye:

Mike another option for your center caps, you could cut four bud light cans in half and use them.
Then you could say: You might be a redneck if you use bud light cans for center caps on your ram charger!:happy7:

Mike another option for your center caps, you could cut four bud light cans in half and use them.
Then you could say: You might be a redneck if you use bud light cans for center caps on your ram charger!:happy7:
:toothy7::toothy7: Good one Stan :toothy7:
A real red neck would use Bud Red :toothy7:

Thank you :happy7: Now for a new set of tires and I would like to find the factory installed center caps...... or is there another option ? :blackeye:

Mike,
Whats the bolt pattern, 4.5" ?

"Im thinking a set of gloss black 15" x 7" Chrysler steel wheels. They came on the land yachts, Newports,5th Avenues,ect.
Then add a BFGoodrich All-Terain tire (white letter out).
Top it off with a nice set of chrome acorn lug nuts. :angryfir:

Mike,
Whats the bolt pattern, 4.5" ?

"Im thinking a set of gloss black 15" x 7" Chrysler steel wheels. They came on the land yachts, Newports,5th Avenues,ect.
Then add a BFGoodrich All-Terain tire (white letter out).
Top it off with a nice set of chrome acorn lug nuts. :angryfir:
These are 5 on 5 Johnny, There is a cool Dodge van in town set up with 7'' wide wheels with Police caps on it and it looks great :love4:
I like these aluminum turbine style wheel, so I may have to look into a deferent style center cap of some kind, or wait it out on my search as we keep moving forward. and to add to this I have 7 of them.

How'd I miss this thread? Nice RC Mike and love the custom hood on it. I see you've put it on a couple different trucks over the years. It's good that you saved it all this time :thumbup:

$500 for a tranny build.....you're living right. That's a great price :-D

Great build, I luv those RC wish i never sold mine!

How'd I miss this thread? Nice RC Mike and love the custom hood on it. I see you've put it on a couple different trucks over the years. It's good that you saved it all this time :thumbup:
Thank you :color:

$500 for a tranny build.....you're living right. That's a great price :-D
Yea, That hood has been with me for a long time and Creed drives it about 3 times a week know :cheers: The Ram Wagon build thread has been moved to Joeychgo new truck here is the thread http://www.fortrucksonly.com/truckforum/showthread.php?104-My1985-Ramcharger-build-Ram-Wagon site and I am needing a pool dun on a set of wheels I snagged up :cheers: I will get to that shortly 8-), The man that did the trans raced with us back in the day and said these transmissions are a peace of cake to do and fix me up, everyone ells wanted $1.100 with a years warranty

Great build, I luv those RC wish i never sold mine!
Same here DART71, I sold one I drove for a few years back in the 80'es and it was a removable top ram with a roll bar. I like this 85 model to but that 76 model sure was fun. :cheers:

I have moved my RAM WAGON built to http://www.fortrucksonly.com/truckforum/showthread.php?104-My1985-Ramcharger-build-Ram-Wagon
And I need some of the folks here to give me your advice 8-)
I snagged up a full set of 10'' Turbine style wheels pennies on the dollar :cheers:

I was going to just put a pair on the back and I have had some young guns say it would be cool to have the full set all around
I have seen trucks with wide tires and wheels all around and yes it does look cool and there is more tire on the ground.

All around or just the rear is what I want some 0-pinions on :D

Pictures will tell the story and thank you for looking and giving me your thoughts 8-) And yes the back space on the 10'' are the same as the factory wheels on the ramcharger and the tire will stay under the rear and front , until I turn :wink:

Attachments

• APA 7 2011 042.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 182
  • APA 7 2011 043.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 171
  • APA 7 2011 044.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 169
  • Night time ramcharger 039.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 172
I would run the wide 10's on the back and leave the narrower rims up front. It will steer alot better and be easier on the front end components IMO. The rims look pretty similar, so not that noticeable :thumbup:

I would run the wide 10's on the back and leave the narrower rims up front. It will steer alot better and be easier on the front end components IMO. The rims look pretty similar, so not that noticeable :thumbup:

Thank you 6pkC :cheers: That was my concerns also about taking care of the front end as I drive Mr.Ram Wagon on long travels and camping trips.
Very good assessment of what I was needing to hear :cheers:
I will spill the beans with you first :glasses7: I found these on CL just 15 miles away for a mere $25 dollars :cheers: and could not pass them up knowing Creeds truck has the same bolt pattern on his 50 model Furd :D

Thank you :color:

Mike
just saw your RC thread, i had an 87' i gave to my Dad :D I wanted to show it off as you can appreciate a good RC
take care and God Bless

000MYGOODNESS!!! That is a great MoPar Machine right there now!!!
Your dad has a good son that takes good care of his happiness
Dig'en that gold color and wheel wells. That is a show stopper:cheers:

God bless you and thank you for sharing, Yes I love these RC.
Have you seen ramcharger Ramzilla he built ? ramcharger is a great member here and has a build site he built just for it :blob: It's a monster.

Had to save that picture, I am going to do a but strip in black RAM WAGON/CASE VEHICLE for a motorcycle club, Thats my plans any why, I may use some of your stripping as well ..

I thought I would update my ramcharger build here even though I have it here.
http://www.fortrucksonly.com/truckfo...uild-Ram-Wagon
Well I made the big move and have gathered a few part's thank's to Johnny dart :cheers: gifting me a great intake for my RV-318 and he sent it to our mistress of metal Leanna CudaChick1968 for powder coating, I met her and Billy for the very first time on the 24th last month and picked up my intake :glasses7: Yes!! You quest it :blob: Gifted !!! Yall spoil me rotten :glasses7:
gts340 bout my vintage leather luggage set that funded my tire fund :cheers:
Know if it would quit raining I would get the other tire on :hmph: I did manage to get one on then the heavy rain came. Yall truck members should join on up at Trucks only, these great tail light was found on that site for a cool $20.00 and I met him at Monster MoPar :thumrigh:
Update on my boy Ram Wagon :cheers:

As you can see fall is here.

Attachments

• Creed's Rod 049.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 136
  • Creed's Rod 048.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 143
  • Creed's Rod 018.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 132
  • Creed's Rod 045.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 127
  • Creed's Rod 041.jpg