Steak marinades

-
A buddy of mine likes his steak rare. One time he told the waitress (when she asked him how he wanted his steak) "blow it's nose, wipe it's butt, and walk it on out here"!!

I found that if you get a good cut of meat and grille it slowly, it needs nothing but a little salt and pepper at the end after it rests for 10 minutes and is plated.

i agree nothing on my steak.
2 minutes flip, 2 minutes flip, 2 minutes flip, 2 minutes flip ...we're done

Can't always go by meat color....Had a Tri Tip roast on the Big Green Egg a few days ago. 220-230* until internal temperature was at 155*, according to everything I have been reading is well done. Was pink and juicy...

Can't always go by meat color....Had a Tri Tip roast on the Big Green Egg a few days ago. 220-230* until internal temperature was at 155*, according to everything I have been reading is well done. Was pink and juicy...

I would call that medium rare at 155° but let it set for 10 min. and it should be perfect. They will continue to cook 5-10° when setting. Dang, Making me hungry. I have some bacon wrapped sirloins in the freezer. Time to get them out. tmm

I use Mr Stubbs beef marinade and/or rub. I also use Cavenders Greek seasoning. I watched a cooking show where they put the steak on a cooling rack and kept patting it with paper towels til dry. Then they put a dry rub on all sides and put it back in the freezer for about 40 minutes. Then they took it out and threw it on the grill. They said because the steak was partially frozen they could leave it on longer to seer it.

I use Mr Stubbs beef marinade and/or rub. I also use Cavenders Greek seasoning. I watched a cooking show where they put the steak on a cooling rack and kept patting it with paper towels til dry. Then they put a dry rub on all sides and put it back in the freezer for about 40 minutes. Then they took it out and threw it on the grill. They said because the steak was partially frozen they could leave it on longer to seer it.

Cavenders Greek seasoning! I'm glad you brought that up. I take a potato,scrub it, slice it in half lengthwise, Put a thick slice of onion on it and a pat of butter, sprinkle lightly with Cavenders and wrap it with foil. Onto the top rack for 45 min. to a hour. Yummmmmm

Thanks for that info. I have never ponied up for a meal there. It was sheer speculation.

Ruth's Chris is a 50/50 place (half the time it's amazing) from what I've experienced - if you decide to pony up, spend another 20% and go to Morton's - way better.

-
Back