Stealth heads vs Eddy performer rpm

-
I'll say this...
There is only so much room for changing port shape in an existing space and still have it be 'bolt on' or stock replacement.

so you can call them eddy port copys or you could call it as I see it, made good with the confinements they had to work with.
I say it could be consider a bonus if all they have to do is run an eddy cnc program on them.
remember they are both in the same bracket, one is just a lot more affordable and easier to knock off as stock [when painted]

Read....I did have a set of both...I sold the cheap china ones to someone else...

A lot of stuff is made in china and checked/finished here.

scat anin't crap

I have chinese roller rockers that I've run with success for a long time now, they were chinese and cost little.

With the exception of a few new products and certain parts that are used beyond their intended purpose [proform]... the china stuff ain't 'all' bad. We've given them the metallurgy and they've had it for a while now.
So many of these made in the usa parts have started out in china only to be machined here [if you are lucky].

you're an engineer...right?

I really think you got in over your head, didn't know how handle the speed bumps, didn't know more than the machinist and threw in the towel.
Guys that wanna learn the truth wait and work it out and only last resort post and ask if anyone else has a clue, they are determined.

There are people who are hands on in every aspect and then there those who 'seem' to understand or think they do...but in the end always end up throwing money at it, never really figuring it out and leaning from it.
And springs are unique to the cam profile...don't expect ootb springs to work on a whatever cam you have...and tech lines and there operators are useless btw
this where knowledge/Experience comes in.
Like if your large body rocker hit retainers n such, what does that tell you? it tells me to run a smaller diameter spring, maybe a beehive, not junk the rockers.
But hey...if someone was to look more into what is required to run a certain combo of parts...which sometimes means buying and returning a few items, then eveything would work out.

My point is...save your slighted comments about stealth heads until you really know what went wrong and if it was the part or the user that installed the part.

scat anin't crap

I have chinese roller rockers that I've run with success for a long time now, they were chinese and cost little.

With the exception of a few new products and certain parts that are used beyond their intended purpose [proform]... the china stuff ain't 'all' bad. We've given them the metallurgy and they've had it for a while now.
So many of these made in the usa parts have started out in china only to be machined here [if you are lucky].

I really think you got in over your head, didn't know how handle the speed bumps, didn't know more than the machinist and threw in the towel.
Guys that wanna learn the truth wait and work it out and only last resort post and ask if anyone else has a clue, they are determined.

There are people who are hands on in every aspect and then there those who 'seem' to understand or think they do...but in the end always end up throwing money at it, never really figuring it out and leaning from it.
And springs are unique to the cam profile...don't expect ootb springs to work on a whatever cam you have...and tech lines and there operators are useless btw
Like if your large body rocker hit retainers n such, what does that tell you? it tells me to run a smaller diameter spring, maybe a beehive, not junk the rockers.
But hey...if someone was to look more into what is required to run a certain combo of parts...which sometimes means buying and returning a few items, then eveything would work out.

My point is...save your slighted comments about stealth heads until you really know what went wrong and if it was the part or the user that installed the part.

Ive been watching this post and thinking the same damn thing. :cheers: Nice imput and better then I could have written it. I will say I have seen more people run these with sucess then not. So here is my final opinion. If you wanna save some cash and get basically the same head (stats wise) get the stealths. $900 vs $1500. If you want something a bit more bolt on ready get the Eddys.

scat anin't crap

Everyone in the USA has the right to their own opinions...I apologize if I hurt anyones feelings...I had bad luck with their heads and that is all I am going to say....good luck on your project and I wish you the best...I am signing off this thread..good luck to everyone.

Ive been watching this post and thinking the same damn thing. :cheers: Nice imput and better then I could have written it. I will say I have seen more people run these with sucess then not. So here is my final opinion. If you wanna save some cash and get basically the same head (stats wise) get the stealths. $900 vs $1500. If you want something a bit more bolt on ready get the Eddys.
You are correct....thanks

Everyone in the USA has the right to their own opinions...I apologize if I hurt anyones feelings...I had bad luck with their heads and that is all I am going to say....good luck on your project and I wish you the best...I am signing off this thread..good luck to everyone.

Oh, no...I apologize, for I see you now want to delete that thread of yours.

I wouldn't install a $500 head on my engine... no matter if it was for a Ford, Chevy, or Mopar. That amount of money tells you immediately what kind of QUALITY you are purchasing.

there really are plenty of people out there having good luck with the cheap china junk. if you want to save some cash, give it as shot. dont let the naysayers kill it for you. same with his stroker kits. i think i did hear of one failure, but there are guys making some good power with his cheap china stroker kits.

there really are plenty of people out there having good luck with the cheap china junk. if you want to save some cash, give it as shot. dont let the naysayers kill it for you. same with his stroker kits. i think i did hear of one failure, but there are guys making some good power with his cheap china stroker kits.

As long as they have their lucky rabbits foot with them everything is OK. :-D

I wouldn't install a $500 head on my engine... no matter if it was for a Ford, Chevy, or Mopar. That amount of money tells you immediately what kind of QUALITY you are purchasing.

here we go....

ever rebuild a slant head or stock iron and dropped it/'em back on the motor?
thats about a $500 dollar head...

hey, ever put a set eddelbrocks on a small block chevy?
when I did they were $500 a head assembled...
guess that eddlebrock stuff is garbage huh?

if it's about the money then most all on this including YOU are done and yer stuff is all junk cause of the guy with the $$$$$$ and his all aluminum flowing 485cfm hemi, or how bout the guy with his aluminum r block and w9's...

why and how does this help anyone ?
or are you one of those people....

here we go....

ever rebuild a slant head or stock iron and dropped it/'em back on the motor?
thats about a $500 dollar head...

hey, ever put a set eddelbrocks on a small block chevy?
when I did they were $500 a head assembled...
guess that eddlebrock stuff is garbage huh?

if it's about the money then most all on this including YOU are done and yer stuff is all junk cause of the guy with the $$$$$$ and his all aluminum flowing 485cfm hemi, or how bout the guy with his aluminum r block and w9's...

why and how does this help anyone ?
or are you one of those people....

It really really doesn't matter to me so I'm not going to argue this to the point of aggravated argument.

A rebuild means it is a used head not a new out of the box head right?

I expect the prices to go up on heads just like everything else. How long has this been that you purchased the Eddys for $500 ea?

The 90's and early 2000's

no one wants argue here.
it's cool, I just think both heads are good, not 1 is junk and so on..

If you wanna talk junk... talk chevy sb iron.

I got 440 source and eddy victor heads.I went to Indy heads and if I had to do it over again I would have used the 440s or the eddys.Indy said 650hp out of the box.When I got the heads they were two pieces of junk.I called Indy and they said to send them back with 3500.00 and they would finish the head job.I had a local gut c&c port the heads for me.I still have the 440 source and the eddy victor heads new in the boxes that are going to carlisle.Indt makes very good stuff but you will pay a arm and leg for it and don,t think the price is worth it. Mark

I have 440 source stealth heads. I have changed the locks and retainers.
No porting and have run 11.4 @ 118 in a 3600lb a body.

Dave

It's still a matter of acceptance level on the part of the builder and if it's not the same person the owner. If the buyer/user accepts the performance of a head, and the the builder accepts a certain level of performance, it works. Doesn't matter where it's made or machined. Some builders accept the level of quality as delivered. Some don't.

I went to my machine shop today to drop off a rear main seal housing and a set of factory head bolts and I asked them how well the hand porting and polishing did on a set of Stealth heads they were doing for a 440 build...they showed me the bench test flow results and at .600 lift it went from 260 to 300 on the intake...I thought that was pretty good for some hand work...I will give them another try on my next stroker build...he did say that they needed to be milled .010 to flatten them out

My experience with the 440 Source heads has been good (although very limited) so far. The springs and retainers were changed because of the lift on the cam. This was recommended by 440 Source on their website. The heads appeared as advertised with no obvious flaws. They were given a once over by my machinist and I took them home and bolted them on. I've only broken in the engine at this point and done some tuning so time will tell. I'm also using their rockers and stroker kit so we'll see how this all holds up over the long run.

My experience with the 440 Source heads has been good (although very limited) so far. The springs and retainers were changed because of the lift on the cam. This was recommended by 440 Source on their website. The heads appeared as advertised with no obvious flaws. They were given a once over by my machinist and I took them home and bolted them on. I've only broken in the engine at this point and done some tuning so time will tell. I'm also using their rockers and stroker kit so we'll see how this all holds up over the long run.
Good Luck to you...I am sure that my only problem is that they were only not flat....

-
Back