Steer and Gear

• Thread starter Deleted member 38666
  • Start date
-
D

Deleted member 38666

Just a note:

I had a steering gear built for my 66 Dart GT by Steer and Gear out of Columbus, Ohio. I went with the Stage III. Craig, at Steer and Gear stated that the Stage I would mimic OEM, where Stage II would handle like a modern day pick up truck, and Stage III would drive out like a modern day Charger or Challenger. I could not believe how well the dart handled after installing the Steer and Gear Stage III. The old original OEM handled, as some say, like driving on wet ice; whereas, the new Stage III from Steer and Gear does exactly like Craig said it would...a modern day feel. My 66 Dart GT drives out almost like a new car. So happy to have gone with Steer and Gear. Just a note if anyone is out there puzzled or having trouble deciding on which way to go in making there builds steer like they would like them to steer. Also, reasonably priced. My strongest recommendation if any members are interested.

What was your steering like before? I'm thinking of having mine rebuilt by them as well to the same Stage III level.

Right now my steering has quite a bit of play and does quite a bit of wandering when trying to go straight. Also any rut in the road will make the car pull to the sides.

Did you experience the same before the rebuild? How much did it end up costing you? Did you send yours in and wait 2 weeks for it to be rebuilt?

-
Back