steering column-which u joint

-

rbkt65

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
if getting rid of stock mopar connection at the steering gear box, which u joint is used to replace it? tia

3/4" Round X 3/4-36 Black Powder Coated IMCA Racing Steering U Joint Coupler NEW | eBay

This is what I’m using, for manual steering.

3B106987-7B0E-4CFD-A0EA-D64B6A00BFA4.jpeg

Last edited:
pricey parts, aren't they. thanks. the last borgeson ones aren't too bad.

considering the job they do, I'd say it's money well spent.

you didn't say what the application was, so I figured to just link the widest array of popular choices. obviously you could do some legwork and find something cheaper off ebay or from another supplier. midnight linked a suitable alternative for much cheaper.

and i thank all of you members. fabo are just a great bunch of people. thanks to all. rick w.

if getting rid of stock mopar connection at the steering gear box, which u joint is used to replace it? tia
The stock manual steering is a 3/4"-36 spline and would use a Borgeson part #013464, power steering is a 5/8-36 spline and would use a Borgeson part #0125164

The factory coupler allows for fore and aft movement. The aftermarket U-joint does not. I see a possibility for more vibration over the factory piece, but I don't see an advantage.

Rusty, I installed an aftermarket tilt column. I am using a 1" dd to 3/4" dd from the column. 3/4" dd shaft to the Borgeson u joint, 014921, that I ordered. I searched the Borgeson site and this is the number that I came up with. I was concerned with the vibration, but after study, I decided that i would go this way. We will see.

Update on my junk. After ordering 3 different 5/8-36 spline u joints and getting ones that don't fit, I ordered the Borgeson 86.00 one and it fits like a glove. 3x the price of the other ones but it is what it is. Also I went to the junk yard and got the body side wiring connector from and early 80's Gm and will use it to make a jumper to my factory wiring harness. No ign switch on column, so will use a part of the orig switch harness to make another jumper to my universal 4 pin marine ign switch.

I also, did the swap man the steering feels great ride nice I got mine from speed way

I personally did not notice any extra vibration when switching from a stock mopar steering adapter to a borgeson one.

-
Back