steering coupler kit install help please

-

silver fox

Reaction score
I bought a repair kit last year for the 73 duster not much space work what's the easiest way you do it to bend the tab's on the steel top piece

one thing mopar did not get right.they make a spring clamp to keep it on.you can try chanel locks to bend the tabs,or a zip tie to hold it on.

Hey! The previous post looked very cool but if you want to use what you have just clamp it down with some type of clamp on each side. Then take a chisel or punch and bend the small tabs down. A pair of extra hands helps to. Also get some help when you install the column and be careful. It will work, just a pain to do! Good Luck!

I use a large channel lock. Out of the vehicle tho.

Many years ago I learned that since this is a bottle cap type cover, approach it as such. Do very minimal damage in removing so it can be reused. If you still have the original and didn't destroy it, you might have better luck with it.

Spring clip is the way to go. Have a coupler complete and clip for sale if you are interested. I made a collapsable u joint shaft when I went manual steering.

Attachments

• IMG_20160102_184751261.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 160
thank's for the info I like the clamp idea but the shipping charge's to Canada are more than the part not to mention our dollar suck's I've got it wired down in place & it work's but look's like a mickey mouse job I'm thinking of getting a ups box in the states it's about 25 min. from home at least I can have it shipped for free on a lot of item's I would like to get & hope I can get across cheaper

-
Back