Steering/suspension problem

-

kingvern

Reaction score
Ok I rebuilt the front end on my 73 Duster now the alignment shop says there in not enough adjustment for the caster camber. The car sits like a stock car front wheels lean way in at the top. Has anyone else had this problem. It wasn't like this before I rebuilt it.

Are they stock UCAs or tubular ones?
If stock UCAs, did you use offset bushings?

If the car rolls backwards does it straighten up?
If it's toed out a lot when it rolls it will push the tires out at the bottom.
Did you replace the lower arm pivot bushings?

How high is the front ride height?

That's exactly what I was thinking. I just had a buddy align mine last week and we had to crank the bars up an inch to get it to come into spec. It looked good with the front end low in my opinion, but not if I couldn't get the car aligned.

Stock upper control arms . No offset bushings. Stays the same backwards and forwards. Not sure on ride night where should I measure and what should it be

Caster/ camber work together. What is the caster? What are the actual figures

Do what it takes to look in there and describe the position of the adjuster cams

IT MIGHT BE the shop has no idea WTF they are talking about!!!

Investigate building/ buying/ borrowing a local caster/ camber gauge. All it basically is.....is.........is a degree off plumb indicator. You measure camber directly, you measure caster by turning the wheels in and out and that is a simple procedure

You must make certain the suspension s jounced before measuring.

OR...........take it to a second shop.

As mentioned.......right height? AND IS THE ENGINE / ALL THE WEIGHT in the car?

Is there any chance you put the upper control arms on the wrong side. They are right/left specific...

Stock upper control arms . No offset bushings. Stays the same backwards and forwards. Not sure on ride night where should I measure and what should it be
Ride height measuring is part of the alignment process. It is the first adjustment to be set. Your alignment professional should have set it before concluding your vehicle was un-alignable.

-
Back