Steering wheel clocked way off after new box install

-
Perfect. On mine the drivers side is 4 turns out more than the passengers (9 threads vs 5 threads). So two in and two out makes them practically even. It should put that wheel where it needs to be if 2 turns moved your wheel 90 degrees.

This is what we will tell the shop to do. We also ordered up a new wheel for when after things get put in place. What better way to finish a new front end off than with a new wheel.

Mine is still off a very slight bit, but WAY better. This is just my opinion, but I would do it myself. Its a simple job and YOU know that it is getting done right. Im of the opinion that the "musclecar shop" should be able to figger this stuff out in their sleep. Thus the reasoning that I would do it....good luck!

An update on the outcome today:

The shop agreed the tie rods should be more even than what we had. They were cool about taking the car in to even them back out and they sent the car back to their alignment shop source for proper toe. When they got it back they measured the tie rods again to make sure they remained even. Their claim was that the installer had them even going to the alignment shop but the shop only cranked away at one tie rod for alignment.

The steering wheel is upside down now, 180 degrees, but I'm ok with that as long as the front end is square. We ordered a new Grant wheel, adapter and Mopar M horn and will install it this weekend to finish the job.

Thanks everyone for the help. It made a big difference in solving the dilemma. The Firm Feel box and their upper control arms are sweet. I'm liking the Bilstein RCD shocks too. Overall everything came together the way we wanted.

Glad they "straightened" it out...hahaha.
Hope the 180 thing doesnt drive ya nuts. Maybe think of it as a 69 thing?? LOL

This weekend I'll be installing a new steering wheel anyways so I will have a normal wheel and hope to fix the signal cam thing.

You seriously need to find another alignment shop.

You seriously need to find another alignment shop.

Not sure if you saw above but this place is not an alignment shop. They do muscle car resto and pro touring setups. Since they don't have a rack they have another shop do the alignment. That's where things fell apart. I have never used this shop before. Good shop, just bad alignment sourcing. I actually have a great alignment shop that has done a few of my cars. This install I wanted to try a specialty shop . It wasn't supposed to be a crap shoot. It is what it is. Lesson learned. I'll flip the wheel on Saturday when the shiny new wheel caps off the job.

Installed a Grant wheel and adapter to get the wheel straight. Everything is straight in the front end and in the steering wheel. Turn signal works as well. Thanks everyone for the help!

On a related note, I have a Tuff wheel and rimblow adapter for sale.

-
Back