Status
Not open for further replies.

billytuffnuts

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
Hi -

I'm looking for a copper horn contact ring that fits into the steering wheel/steering wheel adaptor. This is for a 72 Dodge Demon

I've attached a picture for clarity. Let me know what you have and how much with shipping to Foothill Ranch, CA 92610 - thanks!

Column adapter horn contact ring.jpg

Last edited:
Why do think you need one? Your wire doesn't appear to be broken and other than overspray your ring looks to be good. The copper coating can wear through where it contacts the little wheel in the column but to be worn that much is fairly rare. I'd consider cleaning and testing first.

Hit it lightly with some #000 steel wool then some mothers polish. I think that ring is the same used on all the steering wheels, not just the adapter can.
Make sure you mark where the ear of the snap ring is, its what hits the cam to self cancel the turn signal and needs to be in the right place. Also make sure the insulating rubber is in good shape.

Let me know the inner and outer diameter of the ring. The NOS one I have lists the application for 1962-1966 but may fit yours.

62 66 horn ring back.jpg

62 66 horn ring.jpg

I think the gray part is a molded plastic instead of rubber. It tends to get very brittle and break up causing short and horn blowing. Old used one might go to pieces when you knock the steel ring down on top of it. Long ago a member here repaired his with a 2 part epoxy. Good luck with it.

It was a rubber of some sort. I have found them soft before. They are usually hard and brittle from age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back