steering wheel score !!

-
Reaction score
69 bucks with all the horn hardware :read2:

new wheel.jpg

Good deal! I found one at the Nats last year. I really like it. Much better than the stock wheel with the full horn ring....especially with manual steering. toolmanmike

Thats a steal. I've got one without any cracks, and excellent chrome that I wouldn't part with for less than $250. As it is I have NO plans on ever getting rid of it. Too many cracked ones out there, and I worry about the one in my car. Feels good to have a back up.

Great looking steering wheel you got there. Was that an option on early A's ?

I'd love one for my 66 Dart 8) Let me know what it came on if you know......Thx

Great looking steering wheel you got there. Was that an option on early A's ?

I'd love one for my 66 Dart 8) Let me know what it came on if you know......Thx

Yes it was an option on the '66 Dart.

66_Dart0013.jpg

not sure if it was offerered in the Valiant ,But I believe it was an option in the barracuda .The guy that sold it to me stated that it came out of a 66Barracuda ,and he also sold me the clutch pedals with the rod and the frame bracket for another 69 bucks !! so for $140 ,I got the wheel and the clutch stuff !! 8)

Super score. i have bought 2 for $40 each. One had a 66 button and one a 65 button. I even scored a 66 Dodge B-body horn button for $10. All were about 5 years ago. The B-body button is pretty cool. Its vinyl that matched the interior of the car and the emblem looks like its floating. I haven't seen a wheel for under $100 for some time. The cracks can be filled in with bondo and the repainted. The new paint will help slow down the "shrinking" process from sun damage.

Thats a great buy! I bought a $300 65 Barracuda that had the nicest wood wheel I've seen. It had all of the wood grain and you could see the fake joints like a real wood wheel would have. Sold it about 5 years ago for $450.

The B-body button is pretty cool. Its vinyl that matched the interior of the car and the emblem looks like its floating.

I have a wheel for sale with the vinyl center, I posted on here, it's got two cracks in the plastic...

Good find though I paid $160 for mine about two years ago.

Dave

Nice find!
I really like those wheels. They give the interior a sporty look in a more "factory" way than aftermarket wheels.
The wheel was available for the '65 Valiants too, but only in the V-200 and Signet. I had a nice one in a Signet I once had, liked it so much that I kept it when I sold the car. Nowadays it does duty in my '65 V-100 (Yes, I know it's a Dart dash, Canadian built car..)

dash%20web1.JPG

Not to hijack the thread, but Toolman... regarding the plastic fascia on your dash; what is between the radio and the edge of the glove box. I've got several dash sets, but the silver area is continuous and even across the front. Is yours like an end section there?

Huh! I guess I've never paid any attention. 66 Dart GT dash bezels are that way. I have bought glove box lids from 170 and 270 models that did'nt have the plastic trim across the whole way. Mike

Strange. I have never seen a '66 Dart GT radio bezel like that before. I have 4 or 5 of them, including one from a ragtop that has a power top switch, and none of them are like that. The silver does not end on the right hand side of the radio, and there is no "edge" to it. The only pic I currently have is one from a donor Dart GT dash frame being test fit into my car. I know it is AC, but that is long gone...the non AC is identical with only the two slots for the heater. Look at the right hand side of the radio bezel, next to the glove box.

66 hurst install.jpg

-
Back