stereo help

-

69cudafla

Reaction score
i'm restorin a 1969 notchback and want to put a stereo in but i don't want to have to run back and forth and try to frankenstien stuff together to work or tear up my dash to get one to fit anybody know what will fit as far as reciever heads and soeaker boxs without havin to blow more then $400 bucks?

I have seen in the past, a box that is shapeable (Cutable) to match the curve of the dash. Where these folks got them is beyond me but it did allow them to install a modern head unit under the dash.

Head units that fit the old dash with knobs are out there. However, I can not say anything about how they perform.

Pioneer & Kenwood has head units and speaker that will not break the budget and have long been a fav for me to use. At approx; less than $150 for each, I have allways been left with enuff for a amp to boost power and clarity.

Installing a stero in the glove box is an option.

i'm aware that they make a stereo head unit from retrosoundusa.com that is supposed to fit into a barrauda although it's the "universal" on where it looks old school but still plays cd's and you can hook an ipod up to it but it looks old school to a certain point..but it's like 300 bucks

OUCH! That's a bit tuff.
Well, at least the Pioneer line won't cost you a $100 for speakers. (I think)

Check out the Secret Audio systems at Custom Auto Sounds. You can locate them anywhere you want, like glove box or under seat, and use the included remote. Even has mp3 input.

Jerry

-
Back