Steve Comella defends Hemi Challenge title at Indy

-

S'cuder

Living in my own Private Idaho
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Two years in a row for Steve Comella. Steve's Dad Chuck is the original owner of a Hemi Dart he bought off the lot in '68. Steve is a full time physician, part time racer. They run the Dart, an automatic car, at points meets. Chuck, now 81 years young, can be seen at the end of the video in the black Militia T-shirt. You'll never meet nicer folks.

Steven Comella successfully defends Dodge Hemi Challenge title at Indy

I never beat against their car winning.
Charlie Westcott (sic) Engine Power= Hemi Militia

Last edited:
I bought some parts off of Chuck, great people.
You're right, great folks.
I sold Pennzoil to Chuck for his shop in Lyons for several years. I was in there a couple times a month. Many times we had some good, long conversations. At that time, Steve was young and in school, and the Dart was out of date and uncompetitive. If Chuck had plans to update the Dart and keep racing, he didn't share them. From what I understand, Steve went to Chuck and asked to go racing with him, which pulled Chuck out of racing retirement.

I never beat against their car winning.
Charlie Westcott (sic) Engine Power= Hemi Militia
I love how the winners seem to go back and forth between Westcott and Barton power. Steve outpowered Jimmy Daniels in the semis. At least his setup was strong enough to overcome a slightly slower reaction time.

Comella's Shop is only a stone throw from me. It is great to see Steve win the Hemi Challenge back to back.

FB_IMG_1662397845276.jpg

One of the Best things I treasure in this life
is making great family memories with your son.

Google: John Irving Drag Racer
To see some of ours!

-
Back