Still looking for my build sheet!

-

69 M-CODE CUDA

Reaction score
I've got one of the '69 440 Cudas, as you can probably tell by my handle. I'm currently doing a 'cosmetic' restoration of the car, and have always been curious where others have found their build sheets in the past.

Places I've looked; under carpet, behind bucket seat backs, above glove box liner, etc.

I've also heard of people finding them under their headliner! Are there any other locations that come to mind?

I'm always hoping to find it, but it's probably long gone!!

My 70 Cuda' was under the carpet right hand side in the rear. My 72 Scamp was in the bottom of the rear seat springs.

Some people find as many as five.

My Valiant had a part of one taped to the steering column under the dash, one behind the glove box liner & one under the front bench seat.

I have looked in the headliners of every car I have ever parted (over 40) but I have not found one there yet. I have heard from a few others that have found them there, so I always look if it is coming out anyway.

One guy found one in his spare tire when he removed it from the rim to repaint the wheel.

This was a first for me, on my 69 Polara, under the package tray (pretty much gone). Good thing the one under the seat was there and in good shape.
2010-09-25_004.jpg

Alan

My 67 Barracuda, rear seat bottom and top of the glovebox.

Alan

They can be practically anywhere. The most common spot is under the springs in the rear seat.

Found one in the rear seat springs, under the left rear carpet, in the front bench seat and one on the back of the glove box. Mice and moisture had their way with all of them except the one in the rear seat. They all verify that my car is a basic, plain, nealry worthless slant six dart.

Another place to look is on the top of the gas tank, i have found them there before.
Inside of the spare tire is a new one to me...........
That would be cool if you found one there!

Mine was under the rear seat, and just simply exploded into pieces

Thanks for all the responses! I kind of find this subject fascinating, probably because I'm still holding out hope that I'll find one someday. Although there aren't many places on this car that I haven't checked. Spare tire, huh? Too funny.

69 M-CODE CUDA..........Glad to see you on this site!!!!

Dave with the registry........that's my M-notch in avitar pic

-
Back