stock 360 nitrous shot question

-

art25

Reaction score
Quick question, stock 360 from 78, how big of a nitrous shot can i hit it with without grenading it, and with a 750 on top what size jets should i run so i dont run lean. thanks

A few years ago I was dry shooting 75, on a stock 360 and it would handle it all day long. That's with a 650 and I think I was running 72 jets front and back. That's with a holley blue at 7lbs. That's all I wanted to throw at it but it seemed like it would take more

A few years ago I was dry shooting 75, on a stock 360 and it would handle it all day long. That's with a 650 and I think I was running 72 jets front and back. That's with a holley blue at 7lbs. That's all I wanted to throw at it but it seemed like it would take more

Just wondering do you have to do anything with the timing to run a 75 or 100 shot

I went back 2 degree and left it there. I think on a dry shot the timing is not so much an issue. You start really spraying it, and multiple stages that's when it gets tricky.

Hot Rod mag did a nitrous test on a junkyard 360 years ago in a duster actually TRYING to blow it up and couldn't get it to blow. I think they went 250 HP at the last.

I remember that issue! Whata scream. I was laffin hard at that one.

The N02 set up also has a fuel line to go along with that. The n02 kit has tables that if you want to run a 75 hp shot of gas, the you also install a certain jet in the fuel line to make the mix digestable for the engine to live.

Generaly, a 125 shot is about the safe amount you can constantly introduce to the engine. Of course, the lower the amount, the longer it will live.

Generaly, a 125 shot is about the safe amount you can constantly introduce to the engine. Of course, the lower the amount, the longer it will live.[/QUOTE]

I agree....I have a 125 plate for my Duster/360. The first time I ever sprayed a motor is was a 318- that thing would rev like crazy to. We finally put a rod through the block with a purged 200 shot. But all the hell we gave it with the 125 really surprised me. I think 125 Dry is the safest way to go. Lot of wasted juice but keeps the motor together.

I remember that issue! Whata scream. I was laffin hard at that one.

The N02 set up also has a fuel line to go along with that. The n02 kit has tables that if you want to run a 75 hp shot of gas, the you also install a certain jet in the fuel line to make the mix digestable for the engine to live.

Generaly, a 125 shot is about the safe amount you can constantly introduce to the engine. Of course, the lower the amount, the longer it will live.

It was a good one, wasn't it. I was thinkin the whole time if it had been a chebbie, it wouldda blowed slam to hell.

The chebbie forum is that way --------->

Hot Rod mag did a nitrous test on a junkyard 360 years ago in a duster actually TRYING to blow it up and couldn't get it to blow. I think they went 250 HP at the last.

But they blew up the 400 h.p. 318 they built putting nitrous on it:-D:-D:-D

Ahh, man! I missed that one. What issue? How much N02? Pictures of it?

My favorite was the "Say 'Bye' to Neon" from the mid 90s. 250hp Cheater system on a rental car 130hp 3sp auto Neon. Only by hitting the rev limiter (which cuts off fuel to the injectors) did they hurt it. As I recall it was running mid 12s on it...lol.

But they blew up the 400 h.p. 318 they built putting nitrous on it:-D:-D:-D

Right. That was the one they spent all the money on. LMAO The 360 was one they just snatched outta the junkyard. If I remember right, I don't even thing they took the pan off of it. LOL They couldn't get it to blow. It was funny. They got that Duster it was in haulin *** though.

Right. That was the one they spent all the money on. LMAO The 360 was one they just snatched outta the junkyard. If I remember right, I don't even thing they took the pan off of it. LOL They couldn't get it to blow. It was funny. They got that Duster it was in haulin *** though.

You mean they WASTED money on..

Anything can haul *** with spray big deal..

And no i don't remember what issue it was in..

if that stuff makes you laugh then knowing what i'm doing with this nitrous motor might kill you. I bought 2 2005 neon srt4s wrecked one....bad... and the other spun a bearing.. it sat in the garage and i had my 340 on a stand next to it.... long story and many beers short, now i got home built 360 rear wheel drive srt4 with a 69 roadrunner rear under it. i plan on bringing it to the track this summer and nitrousing the hell out it to see what it will do before the motor pops.......

You mean they WASTED money on..

Anything can haul *** with spray big deal..

And no i don't remember what issue it was in..

Right. The junkyard motor bested the "good" one since it didn't come apart. I agree about nitrous. Anything can haul *** with it. But it DOES work.

-
Back