Stock 69 340 head pipes

-

wolfhammer

Reaction score
Hi guy's, does anyone know where I can get or have some stock 340 head pipes? I found tail pipes but still in search of the HiPo manifold head pipes...............thanks

Well, if a resto and you want "factory stock", then I'm not sure. but if you are just looking for preformed head pipes to fit factory manifolds, TTI sells them. I've bought two sets, and they fit nice.

Well, if a resto and you want "factory stock", then I'm not sure. but if you are just looking for preformed head pipes to fit factory manifolds, TTI sells them. I've bought two sets, and they fit nice.
Thanks, I will check them out 318willrun

Yup, TTI head pipes are the way to go. Make sure your engine is located as per factory specs so there are no clearance issues. The measurements are on their website but I think (going from memory here) the crankshaft bolt is 5 1/4” from the top of the k frame and the crankshaft bolt is 1 1/2” closer to the passenger side frame rail.

Just got my front 2.5" Accurate exhaust pipes for my 69 340 Cuda. Will install them after the holidays hopefully. Magnificent pieces.

Here they are. A quick ipad image so sorry for lack of detail.

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

I think TTI will need your manifold numbers so you get the correct ones. Looks like good stuff.

Accurate is not mandrel bent like TTI but in my case, I am not too worried about it since I am running stock tailpipes with stock chrome tips.
Tom

Accurate is not mandrel bent like TTI but in my case, I am not too worried about it since I am running stock tailpipes with stock chrome tips.
Tom
Same here, I met a guy who sold me a set of brand new walker tail pipes (for chrome tips) for $100 and I picked up a set of hipo manifolds for $350. I have mufflers and just need the head pipes.
Did the head pipes come with the intermediate pipes to the muffs?

Even though they have regular bends, you still get a 4 1/2 to 5" total system. Plenty for a 340.

I had Accurate's on my car ('67 notch) with their 'X' pipe system and mufflers. Headpipe clearances were good. IMO they hung low, but without an original to compare with, can't say if that was the car or the pipe. Flange finish is good. I slightly prefer Accurate's gaskets with the inner metal ring over TTI's gaskets. Buy a couple extras as its hard to get that size from your local stores.

blob.jpg

Last edited:
Wolfhammer, I bought only front pipes. Sorry for delay in answering . I have a custom X front system I made back long ago using a Dr. Gas X and as such, I only needed the front sections. Tom and Colby at Accurate will bend the correct front sections for you.

Last edited:
Wolfhammer, I bought only front pipes. Sorry for delay in answering . I have a custom X front system I made back long ago using a Dr. Gas X and as such, I only needed the front sections. Tom and Colby at Accurate will bend the correct front sections for you.
Thanks VOETOM

-
Back