stock rockers and hi lift cam

-

earthmover

in the tire smoke
Reaction score
can I get away with using the stock rockers for right now on a 525 lift cam????hyd....I have some adjustable rockers to go on it but right now I am looking to get this thing going and work on my race car....march is coming soon and would like to have my race car on the ground running for my birthday......got a lot of the parts to do the work on the race car but not a lot of time working out of town every week.. only home on the weekend some time...:D

ran a set of MP non adjustable on .535 hydraulic cam....just watch out for spring pressure ....OEM non adjustable have a habit on punching through the pushrod seat of the rocker.

ran a set of MP non adjustable on .535 hydraulic cam....just watch out for spring pressure ....OEM non adjustable have a habit on punching through the pushrod seat of the rocker.

What he said... I'll add if you need to run dual springs (not single w/dampener but true duals) for the cam then replace the rockers with something sturdier.

thanks guys ..home for a few days and want to get this out the way or try and get as far as possible while here..:D its just a temp. thing to get it going and will put the iron adjustable 1's on soon..

Yes but watch the interference on the retainer. all 340 rockers are radiused for the springs. They looked the same as 318 but are machined for this reason.

Yes but watch the interference on the retainer. all 340 rockers are radiused for the springs. They looked the same as 318 but are machined for this reason.
i thought he was working with a big block. i have run 525 lift with stock rockers

400 rockers ive used would poke through on the pushrod side but the early 440 and 383 stamped steal never broke on me running the engine to 6500 quite often. also if the deck of the block or the heads have been machined you my have to play with pushrod lengh.

-
Back