Stolen Rig And Race Car!!

-

outrageously_vintage

Reaction score
A good friend of ours had their entire rig and race car stolen this morning from a Quality Inn in Gaffney SC. He was on his way to an NMCA event. Rig was stolen between 11PM and 7AM this morning from the hotel parking lot.

Here's what was stolen:

2004 Silver Dodge Dually with Silver Cap No Markings Jersey Tags
24' White Pace American Trailer No Markings Jersey Tags
1963 Pontiac Tempest car is Blue with "Violent Commotion" on the sides and Black Horse Auto Body on the Quarters.

Joe Winick the owner runs the NMCA Pro Edelbrock Nostalgia Super Stock Series with the car.

Please keep your eyes and ears open..............any info please call 207-342-2704 ask for Bob or Cici or 856-207-1517 ask for Ralph Seran.

Here's a picture of the car:

600_5.jpg

Sorry to hear it. I hope they catch the SOBs and beat them to whithin an inch of their miserable worthless lives.

It might not do any good but I will be on the look out since I live in Anderson, SC.

If anyone else has a Dodge Ram you need to be aware that they are extremely easy to break into. They use a flat screw driver place behind the plastic door handle and pop it out and in they go. I have read somewhere that it is the most stolen truck.

They have a special kit that can be bought and put it behind the door handle now. It is metal and the robber can't get his screw driver in there to open the door.

There was a similar case like that in Canada where the perps stole a rig with an M code Dart in tow. I think it ended up on an Indian Reservation basically still all intact. I hope you find it soon.

I just paid off my 2000 Ram 2500 Diesel. If I catch anyone trying to steal it I'll break an arm, leg, jaw, ribs etc. I'll use what the Marine Corps taught me!!!!!! I'll be on the lookout.

Same here! You would not believe what people hide here in Arkansas.
I hope one of us here find it and then we will let ramcharger do his part and then I will take another 1/2 inch:angry7::-D

This crap makes me sick! So, now you have to sleep in your tow vehicle, or trailer next to your race car in order to make sure some putz does not lift it??? Guess its time to start booby-trapping vehicles when you leave them for a period of time?

Sad-sad times

Why stop within an inch?

Jerry
To repeat the process many times over a period of 12 or so hours; each intermission giving the pukes a false sense of hope.

I hope that someone outside of law enforcement finds them first.

That is why so many people are deciding that one of the reletaively inexpensive real-time GPS tracking devices and monthly service is a very good idea. With most of them you can go online and by drawing a box on the map you can establish a base area. If your vehicle (or whatever you are tracking, the units are very small) leaves that area you are notified. All you do then is go online and see where it is and watch as it travels. With a wireless laptop you can even track, follow, and close in on them yourself as well as being able to give the police real-time instructions. The route of travel is also recorded so even if you miss the alert call you can go online and see exactly where they went and how they got there. The units are so small that you can hide them anywhere and make them VERY HARD to find, even if they have tools and hours. Some are so small that you can even clip them into your child's clothing. Technology is a wonderful thing.

That is why so many people are deciding that one of the reletaively inexpensive real-time GPS tracking devices and monthly service is a very good idea. With most of them you can go online and by drawing a box on the map you can establish a base area. If your vehicle (or whatever you are tracking, the units are very small) leaves that area you are notified. All you do then is go online and see where it is and watch as it travels. With a wireless laptop you can even track, follow, and close in on them yourself as well as being able to give the police real-time instructions. The route of travel is also recorded so even if you miss the alert call you can go online and see exactly where they went and how they got there. The units are so small that you can hide them anywhere and make them VERY HARD to find, even if they have tools and hours. Some are so small that you can even clip them into your child's clothing. Technology is a wonderful thing.

Very true.

I was listening to my police scanner one night and I guy had his Cadillac "suv" back when less than a hour. Guy jumped in and took off while the owner went in to pay for gas.

There should have been some actions taken that would not even let the truck and trailer leave the motel parking lot. Hiden valet switches on the ignition and trailer brakes for example. Hope he had the everything insured.

Guys who pull **** like this should be hung by the eyelids and hit in the balls till the blink! Hope everything turns out o.k. for the owner!

Thanks guys.

We appreciate all of you spreading the word and keeping your eyes and ears open.

We haven't heard anything yet.

Hopefully they'll find it.

We'll keep you posted.

I'm sick by this too. I think if I ever get to hauling my car around I'm gonna do the GPS thing. it's too cheap not to. I couldn't replace my car. I think maybe at these bigger shows we should buck up and pay a security guard to watch the stuff overnight at each lot.

There is a town not far from Gaffney called Forest City, N.C. Lots of wrecking yards there.Also the local theives take their wares to Charleston and ship it to China,Japan and the mid-east.A buddy of mine had his skid steer stolen and it was found on a boat to China.

This happened on the 18th. Got it off another forum.

This morning @ 4AM I woke up to the sound of my wife yelling "SOMEONE JUST DROVE OFF WITH YOUR TRUCK!!! I called 911 right away and jumped in the wife's car to go searching. I was unsucessful in finding my Ram and the 911 operator told me there was an officer waiting for me at me house. So as I'm heading home approaching the intersection to my street. I see a white blur go flying by with an Orange County Sheriff pursuing the vehicle. Son of a *****, it was my truck. I tried to follow but they were going a bit to fast for my wife's Volvo sport ute, and the 911 operator was pretty adamit about me not following. I then headed home to talk to the officer. While I was speaking with her I was able to listen to her radio in her cruiser of the whole chase. The speeds were well over 100mph. They chased the scumbag for about 30 miles with 6 cruisers and a helicopter and then finally brike off pursuit because they said it was getting too dangerous for the public. The POS who stole my truck was driving with the headlights off trying to evade the police.

I'm pretty f'en pissed right now. And I am still truckless!! Sorry for the long winded story but I really needed to vent. I keep you all updated.

Sean

Guys who pull **** like this should be hung by the eyelids and hit in the balls till the blink.
Good to have you back Marvin
MeMike I get the other 1/4 after your done with them.
Bruce

When I leave my trucks overnight in a hotel on my gas one I pull the ignition fuse Maybe on a deisel you could pull the headlight fuse so they couldnt drive it at night or will the ignition fuse work on a deisel I dought a thief would take the time to analyze your truck. I also disable my ignition fuse when I leave it at the airport parking garage.

I know a guy who has a Yellow single cab GTXtreme with a matching yellow trailer behind it with 4 ATVs on it. He and his 12 year old son stop off the interstate at a cracker barrel on their way back from a weekend trip to south GA to ride ATVs. right after they got inside a couple of south atlanta thieves stole his truck and trailer.
they found his truck in downtown ATL with a destroyed steering column, they did him the courtesy of cleaning out all of his, his son's, and his girlfriend's posessions from the truck. They also disappeared his trailer and all 4 ATVs.
he got his truck back though. His insurance told him they wouldn't pay for his trailer or anything on his trailer because it wasn't separately insured. They paid for one of his son's ATVs because they told them it was in the back of the truck and that it was a lawn tractor.

F*CK THIEVES.

and as previously stated, jam a screwdriver up behind the door handle, it not only unlocks the door, but unlocking the door disables the alarm.

Well heres my input; 0 tolerance 4 **** like this, should be and could be elimanated quik if make examples of a few ***@oles, shoot to kill to protect ur property/family with no repercutions and if they[shitheaps] live, put in hard labor camps minimum 10 yrs. plus restitution with interests and congical visits from big bubba nightly[ and a couple of his freinds] or a little vigilante justice would suffice, snag the offender and go back to their nest and make sure u get them all and all their sh#t and see how they like it. Been there and know how it feels to have stuff stolen and little or no clue as to who or where its at and the police?right like they really give a crap,[not sayin all police but majority] the helpless,hopless major pissed off wanta hurt someone feeling sets in and turns to major anger can turn agood mild mannered man into a stark raving ramboVl lets get em monster, hope u get ur stuff back,probability slim to none but hope 4 the best expect the worst, and ins co. they suck 2,

hope you find find these guys! should cut there dam hands off. Had some one take a 4 place sled trailer right out of my driveway during the middle of the day a couple years back. Found a couple of the sleds in utah last spring but they were trashed.

I hate thieves, one of the lowest life forms on the planet.

Anyway, here's what I did with my old 96 V10, pulled the ASD, starter and fuel pump relays. Just the starter and fuel pump relays would work on a diesel. If you have a newer Ram with a chipped key than it's not going anywhere unless the thieves have your key or they tow it away.

Tommy Johnson also sells a pretty nice wireless alarm system for enclosed trailers. It will go off and lock the trailer brakes if it senses movement. It's less than $500 and well worth that.

-
Back