stop coolant gooing to the heater core

-
just grab a heater coolant tap from any 1972-1993+ dodge truck, there located in the heater hose under the hood and run by cable, install it in one of your heater hoses and when you need heat pop the hood and flick it one way, if you don't flick it the other way and its closed

good for those nights that might be chilly and you want to go for a cruise. it looks better then a house tap installed inline and not noticeable

This is what I was talking about.Installed near the firewall.

Attachments

• valve.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 199
This is what I was talking about.Installed near the firewall.

This is exactly what I'm gonna do on mine, 'cept I didn't buy the fancy brass barbs

I just bought a 3/8" ball valve and a couple of short 3/8" galvanized nipples, which fit right into 5/8" heater hose.

any chace you will try to fix it right?? not that hard to do......Just sayin....

I here what your saying,but even when all is right there is still hot coolant going through the core,and our boxes are thin to begin with and heat does escape out.

Snake:

When you have a part number, just go to RockAuto & put it in the part number search box. This is what I am talking about:

Coolant valve

Has 5/8 nipples for heater hose, not the slice & dice sharp brass stuff. Seals designed for engine coolant at operating temperature. Nipples are brazed in tothe body, no pipe joints to leak.

We used to install those a couple inches from the firewall, with the stem underneath. All you see is a short metal block.

Miss Daisy would bring her car in spring & fall for service anyway, so we just shut the heater off for her in the summer.

I use the AC Delco number because the Delco part is the best quality one I have found. I still have one on my parts shelf. I bet NAPA could get you one with that number.

B.

The marble would work,the big thing is so no one has a clue know what i mean Vern.

Closed end mag wheel lugnut works great. brass ball valve for 3/4 pex plumbing pipe can be added to hose for on off ease.

And 11 bucks on Rock Auto.

How is it dealing with them in Canada?

B.

Rock auto is good although I have only dealt with them once.They add the taxes into the shipping prices, so we dont get dinged with broker fees here. Although I will say shipping is a little steep and that could be due to them using packaging twice the size as to whats needed. I bought an IAC for my f150 from them, it was a Motorcraft part(Ford) for $100 shipped, and the dealership here wanted $180

Snake, there is a NAPA store across the border from you in Alexandria NY.

Might be time for the local car club to start aggregating parts orders & make a pick up drive one a month or more.

My brother in law is in Brandon MB. They buy hard parts just a little south of town...

B.

The problem with that auto parts shutoff is "who made it." Some of them are pretty poor quality, and corrode shut. That's why I use exactly what was posted earlier, the 1/4 turn plumbing ball valve.

The AC Delco part is brass stem & seat with steel body.

If you have corrosion problems with any of that, then you have a coolant issue that will eat your radiator & water pump as well.

B.

-
Back