Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Spent the better part of a summer in Brandon while my father worked on a slipform concrete grain silo. Along about October it was getting kind of chilly sleeping in the camper shell on the back of the Ranchero. :lol: Of course the parental units had the little travel trailer to sleep in. Dad came home one afternoon said "It was raining on the ground at work and snowing at the top of the silo. We're outa here." :lol:

Got a good size area of flower bed cleaned up. Need to run the tiller through my bark mulch to break it up and mix it good before I can put that on the beds.. Maybe another day this week. That's enough manual labor before I go to work.

Got a good size area of flower bed cleaned up. Need to run the tiller through my bark mulch to break it up and mix it good. Maybe another day this week. That's enough manual labor before I go to work.
Enough for me for all week! LOL

The news never said anything specific about that Minuteman launch yesterday, but the USAF doesn't advertise their test launches. I'm sure the casualty count on the crabs and sea gulls at Kwajalein was sufficient. So unusual to see 2 launch at the same time.

Enough for me for all week! LOL
Not me. I want to increase my exercise. And it looks like I can now. BP meds have things best ever. I am done with this heart monitor today. Been on for a month. Basically a full time ECG. Will see if it caught anything. Only issue they notified me of -it did see my pulse at 180 a couple weeks ago. I was in the junk yard removing parts.... Made a change in meds. After working outside this morning for well over an hour, I was 119/71 with a pulse of 83. :thumbsup:

Not me. I want to increase my exercise. And it looks like I can now. BP meds have things best ever. I am done with this heart monitor today. Been on for a month. Basically a full time ECG. Will see if it caught anything. Only issue they notified me of -it did see my pulse at 180 a couple weeks ago. I was in the junk yard removing parts.... Made a change in meds. After working outside this morning for well over an hour, I was 119/71 with a pulse of 83. :thumbsup:
Those are some good numbers. I hope to get back to active after I get my heart valve fixed.

Neon had a rough idle when I sit at a stop. Just flushed the IAC valve and PCV valve. Seemed OK when I just ran it, but ...Won't call it a success till it runs a couple days.

Neon had a rough idle when I sit at a stop. Just flushed the IAC valve and PCV valve. Seemed OK when I just ran it, but ...Won't call it a success till it runs a couple days.
Have you cleaned the throttle body yet?

Sitting in the waiting room sipping on Iodine hiding in Crystal Light. Not too bad. I have a CT with contrast scheduled.

Look for vacuum leak if rough idle persists. Like i'm telling you something....
Thing is its not all the time. It will be OK, then just drop speed to a rough idle when sitting at a stop sometimes. No obvious leaks, but certainly possible its sippin air intermittently. IAC makes sense. When you come to a stop, its still using air it got from the throttle body. Once it drops to a true idle that is closed and it only gets air from bypass. If that is sticking.... Will see.

Thing is its not all the time. It will be OK, then just drop speed to a rough idle when sitting at a stop sometimes. No obvious leaks, but certainly possible its sippin air intermittently. IAC makes sense. When you come to a stop, its still using air it got from the throttle body. Once it drops to a true idle that is closed and it only gets air from bypass. If that is sticking.... Will see.
That’s why a dirty throttle body can cause the issue. The edges of the butterfly get build up on them causing it not to fully close properly and allowing air in around it.

That’s why a dirty throttle body can cause the issue. The edges of the butterfly get build up on them causing it not to fully close properly and allowing air in around it.
Wouldn't that make it idle high ?
I just got to work. I would say it definitely did better. Seems to gradually drop a little at a long stop. Before it was dropping all at once and much rougher.

The IAC motor fixed my Dakota. My idle was just dropping out at times though. It didn't like idling at 150 rpm. LOL

Wouldn't that make it idle high ?
I just got to work. I would say it definitely did better. Seems to gradually drop a little at a long stop. Before it was dropping all at once and much rougher.
It can cause a choppy idle as the air flows by irregularly.

Another photo of the ice shards on Lake Michigan last week.

DF81BBF8-61B6-4061-8195-AC60BB84C1E9.jpeg

Iffn the throttle plate is gooey,
It wil restrict some air flow, and some have a bypass hole drilled in them, if they get restricted it will contribute to erratic idle.

-
Back