Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
guess I need to get the mower going. Just did everything Friday and the pup is already high stepping. Was gonna give it another day or so, but next 2 are calling for rain. Might need a bailer if I wait till Saturday

Morning all. nice day here, mid 70s, good amount of honey do's to do when I get back.

I’m running on nothing but adrenaline since 3 am. My daughter’s sinus infection went wild and she woke up delirious with a 104 fever and started barfing. 4 am ER vistit, an IV and an anti-emetic, and back home at 7 am. Watching her like a hawk all day trying to keep her hydrated and fed with bland foods in small doses. Fever is still hovering between 102 and 103 but she is showing some signs of life...watching MASH reruns with my wife now.

Spent all day playing with images to stay distracted while paying attention to her condition. I will probably work from home tomorrow too just so I can keep an eye on her. It is likely to be another long night.

My son has strep and I think I’ve caught it now too. Yay...

Have you tried giving them some garlic, tumeric, and ginger???

Mince up some garlic very fine and put it in a bowl of chicken noodle soup... Cook the soup with the garlic in it and then feed it to her... They should start to feel a little better by the time they finish the bowl...

Heat up some water with some ginger in it, then add tea, lemon, and honey... It will help your throat feel a little better....

Add tumeric to your food after mincing it up real fine (Slap Chop), then put some black pepper in it... The black pepper works with the tumeric and boosts it over 1000 times more effective...

Garlic, tumeric, and ginger all boost the immune system... I have been pretty successful with fighting colds off with them in the last few years... When I feel a cold coming on, I make me some chicken noodle soup with ginger and it will help me feel better, even sometimes I can fight off the cold before it gets set in real deep...

I need tp run out and get the wifes car. She took a city car because the a/c quit working in ours. I have a feeling it's more than just freon. Damn electronic ****! Nice when it works. LOL

Whats every one up to?

I'm just trying to get through this week and make it to the weekend....

Been ripping my music CD's to my hard drive now that I have reloaded my operating system... I am into the S'es now...

Then after ripping the music to the hard drive, I can load the different CD/DVD software... They will conflict with media player if I try to do it before ripping the music...

I need to get the 340 ready for the Challenger convertible that my brother bought from me... I have the short block cleaned up, now to find some head bolts, rocker arms with bolts and install the new cam and lifters.... The boy has been busy for the last few weekends and we haven't had a chance to work on it...

I need to collect all the fallen branches from the yard so I can mow the lawn when it gets a little longer...

The neighbor has a small tree that's falling down and leaning over by the roots... I need to cut it down and pull the stump out with the Jeep... I'va always hated mowing around that tree as it has those pricks on it and always gets me when I mow around it... I can't wait to mow without it this summer....

I need to get the mower tuned up and ready for summer...

I also asked the older boy to save some money to have the exhaust installed on his Valiant... I agreed to pay half with him... We are trying to save the $$$ up by the end of this month...

Once the exhaust is done, then we can fine tune it in... Then he can save up the money to have it painted... Nothing fancy, just some paint to cover the bare metal that he stripped down... Then he can get the front and rear window installed and we can drive it a little around town...

The younger boy is in Detroit right now visiting the grandparents... He will be coming here for a few months to visit and we will be working on his Valiant and converting it from a slant 6 to a 360 with a 727 and 8 3/4" axle.... We have to get it done as he is going to school in NC next fall...

My buddy Ron from Battle Creek and I have agreed to do the beach runs this summer... He's off every other weekend and we can meet at the beach... We will get season passes for the dunes and meet... He brings his small BBQ and we grill some burgers and brats... We all bring a little food, chips, and drinks and meet at the beach half way between us just over the border in Michigan...

We did that last year and only missed one month when he had a high school reunion to go to... We had a great time... I bring my kids and his younger daughter comes also... Ron and I have been friends since college and before we had kids... Our kids grew up together when we both lived in Detroit... Ron and I would hang out together with the kids when they were younger so the wives could get a break... (or sometimes we needed a break from the wife and they would not get upset when we hung out together if we took the kids off their hands and gave them a break from the kids....)

My buddy Doug just bought a 22 foot boat and may join us a couple of times this year... He never went last year and it would be good to get him out there also...

Other than that, not much going on.... :rolleyes:

Well, after two days, I am able to walk around, and not much back pain...So thats good...

What did you do??? I haven't been able to be on line much for the past week and am not caught up on everybody's latest happenings...

Heating pads and warm soaks in a hot tub are a good thing for a bad back...

3.7 earthquake this morning at 5:37 Dyersburge Tennessee this morning, just 60 miles away

Are you ok??? Anything damaged???

I hope you and all your things are ok...

Hopefully you are far enough away where it did not affect you much....

I’m running on nothing but adrenaline since 3 am. My daughter’s sinus infection went wild and she woke up delirious with a 104 fever and started barfing. 4 am ER vistit, an IV and an anti-emetic, and back home at 7 am. Watching her like a hawk all day trying to keep her hydrated and fed with bland foods in small doses. Fever is still hovering between 102 and 103 but she is showing some signs of life...watching MASH reruns with my wife now.

Spent all day playing with images to stay distracted while paying attention to her condition. I will probably work from home tomorrow too just so I can keep an eye on her. It is likely to be another long night.
My great grandson is about 9 weeks old. Early last evening they took him to the Easley ( small town ) hospital ER with similar symptoms, 102 and barfing. About 10:30 pm he took ambulance ride to the Greenville hospital. This morning they did a spinal tap to see if he has meningitis. Still waiting for results. I'm now wondering if its allergies.
Get well soon to your daughter.

Today heater core job begins.
Big ugly job.
But a good payday at the end of it.
New customer drops off truck, i give it a once over and quote $1000 for the obvious stuff. Can i get it back by friday? Im going to be busy.
Yup. And river is opening up fast, a few weeks and we be fishing. Need a feed of fresh walleye...

Not sure how that lower bushing tool works. Would have been nice to have something for that. I did mine with welded washer and beat the fk out of it method. lol.. I made a tool for uppers- same idea as theirs. Worked good, but for all the messin around to get the right pieces that one looks like a good deal. I did buy a socket from Summit at about half that cost, but that was a few years ago.

Good Morning

My manager at Sears taught me how to install upper control arm bushings with a large socket and a vise....

My great grandson is about 9 weeks old. Early last evening they took him to the Easley ( small town ) hospital ER with similar symptoms, 102 and barfing. About 10:30 pm he took ambulance ride to the Greenville hospital. This morning they did a spinal tap to see if he has meningitis. Still waiting for results. I'm now wondering if its allergies.

I hope he's ok and they can get him better it...

prayers

Made an adapter for my column shift linkage. Should be able to connect it, fingers crossed...

Shift Linkage 2.jpg

Shift Linkage.jpg

@dartnabout I mentioned my son had ran into nasty weather around Milroy late Friday. It was actually just past there coming this way on 322 there was a lot of standing water + sticks and junk on road. I see Granville is officially reported now as an EF-2. That's just below there...I'm sure it was still pretty nasty as it came up across that area...

Did you read the full article? The explanation is simple.

“A supply crunch from refinery upsets in Los Angeles and San Francisco was contributing to the price uptick – specifically because California has a unique gasoline standard, which means replacements for the production shortfall are harder to come by. Flooding in parts of the Midwest also compounded problems, since it affected ethanol blends and caused distribution disruptions.

Patrick DeHaan, a senior petroleum analyst at GasBuddy, told FOX Business that there are no mysterious factors at play – it is simple supply and demand economics.

“When a refinery in a tight market like the West Coast goes down, knowing few refineries produce California's one-off gasoline mix, is a recipe for a course in Econ 101: supply drops, and demand is inelastic, meaning motorists still need fuel, so prices can soar,” DeHaan explained. “I don't see much/if any manipulation here, this is how markets work.”

DeHaan noted that the effects of refinery, or other, issues will often take weeks to affect drivers.

Fellow GasBuddy senior petroleum analyst Dan McTeague told FOX Business he expects prices to get worse for Golden State drivers before they get better. McTeague said they could rise by another 10 cents – assuming refineries are able to iron out their issues, which is far from certain.”

What did you do??? I haven't been able to be on line much for the past week and am not caught up on everybody's latest happenings...

Heating pads and warm soaks in a hot tub are a good thing for a bad back...
Pinched nerve in neck and back. Pretty sure, while I was sleeping on Sunday afternoon. Getting better. But slowly...

-
Back