Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
3:00...
11733392-CADA-492B-8419-7F72562E5AC8.jpeg

And another one shows up... clusterf after a trans swap. Three shops have been poking at it. Thanks.

As always, little surprises along the way.
For some reason this casting's mounting holes were a couple hairs under 1/2".
Fortunately found a couple reamers in the landlord's pile. Saved me trip back to the house.
upload_2019-4-24_17-29-41.png

Then back to the fun part.
Slip the header into the bay just so.
Install the steering box and start the inner bolts.
upload_2019-4-24_17-32-27.png

Go underneath, hold header out of the way and finish with the steering gear's mounting bolts.
Position the header just so, and apply thin coat of high temp rtv sealer around the ports.
Hang header on front stud. Jamb light between header and heads so it doesn't touch the ports.
Go underneath and pull the rear tubes over the rear stud.
Back up top, Start front bolt with combo wrench 1/4 turn at a time working the header front in. Install and tighten the rest of the bolts, then the end nuts. Torque. Coulda been worse.
upload_2019-4-24_17-40-31.png

My great grandson is about 9 weeks old. Early last evening they took him to the Easley ( small town ) hospital ER with similar symptoms, 102 and barfing. About 10:30 pm he took ambulance ride to the Greenville hospital. This morning they did a spinal tap to see if he has meningitis. Still waiting for results. I'm now wondering if its allergies.
Get well soon to your daughter.
Hope they figured it out.

As always, little surprises along the way.
For some reason this casting's mounting holes were a couple hairs under 1/2".
Fortunately found a couple reamers in the landlord's pile. Saved me trip back to the house.
View attachment 1715325581

Then back to the fun part.
Slip the header into the bay just so.
Install the steering box and start the inner bolts.
View attachment 1715325582

Go underneath, hold header out of the way and finish with the steering gear's mounting bolts.
Position the header just so, and apply thin coat of high temp rtv sealer around the ports.
Hang header on front stud. Jamb light between header and heads so it doesn't touch the ports.
Go underneath and pull the rear tubes over the rear stud.
Back up top, Start front bolt with combo wrench 1/4 turn at a time working the header front in. Install and tighten the rest of the bolts, then the end nuts. Torque. Coulda been worse.
View attachment 1715325585
Nice plumbing! Looks like it's a stock car motor.

Man I am beat a full day on the truck still messed up. Came home and did get a pretty cool surprise the scope I bought works on the car battery, never saw one like that before.
s-l1600.jpg

New core is in housing, and mounted back to firewall. Enough for one day.

So.. I sent this box to Viet Nam , first week of December. Had cosmetics, candy, card,tooth whitener,and so forth. I also sent about 100 cigars in that box, against my better judgement, cause I have read the rules for VN. But I wanted to have them there, so I didn't have to carry so many in. I've sent probably 8 boxes to VN in the past, with no issue. Butt......this time they caught me.. told the girl, I can't ship in cigars, but I can bring as many as needed. So l ask her..what now?? She said they told her, they will send the box back. I'm like ..yeah right...those cigars are valuable on VN on the black market. So I figure a loss, and a lesson...Well look what USPS brings me today, albiet 5 months later...LOL
IMG_20190424_150338.jpg
IMG_20190424_150427.jpg

:rofl:
So.. I sent this box to Viet Nam , first week of December. Had cosmetics, candy, card,tooth whitener,and so forth. I also sent about 100 cigars in that box, against my better judgement, cause I have read the rules for VN. But I wanted to have them there, so I didn't have to carry so many in. I've sent probably 8 boxes to VN in the past, with no issue. Butt......this time they caught me.. told the girl, I can't ship in cigars, but I can bring as many as needed. So l ask her..what now?? She said they told her, they will send the box back. I'm like ..yeah right...those cigars are valuable on VN on the black market. So I figure a loss, and a lesson...Well look what USPS brings me today, albiet 5 months later...LOL
View attachment 1715325598 View attachment 1715325599
:rofl:

Man I am beat a full day on the truck still messed up. Came home and did get a pretty cool surprise the scope I bought works on the car battery, never saw one like that before.
View attachment 1715325597
The one from Sears, my parents bought me in the 70's is like that. 12 vt power....makes it more portable....Still have...Think I showed it to you.....

-
Back