Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Should have told him - 'Not surprised he had not heard of it. Exclusive for rich and famous. All nude baristas...'.LOL
Good Morning

The "almost" nude baristas were at Bottom's Up Espresso this morning :D.
I have many photos from Famoso, just have to get them placed in a file to view them.
Anybody like blown Valiants that run 7.60s? :steering:

Looks great!
Thanks! These guys are often said to be too expensive...but you get what you pay for.

They are only about 15% higher than others, but people are often too short sighted to understand that it is well worth the price.

Also, the owner is an old school first generation Italian stone mason who takes tremendous pride in his work. Because he likes the way I have been doing business with him with total respect for his expertise, he dropped the price by that extra 15% without my asking.

So I now get a far superior result for the same price as the PIA penny pinchers who settle for less quality do.

Business is built on personal relationships, but most people foolishly think it’s just about money.

Thanks! These guys are often said to be too expensive...but you get what you pay for.

They are only about 15% higher that others but people are often too short sighted to understand that it is well worth the price.

Also, the owner is an old school first generation Italian stone mason who takes tremendous pride in his work. Because he likes the way I have been doing business with him with total respect for his expertise, he dropped the price by that extra 15% without my asking.

So I now get a far superior result for the same price as the PIA penny pinchers who settle for less quality do.

Business is built on personal relationships, but most people foolishly think it’s just about money.
When I had my shop folks would ask why our shop rate was a bit higher than most. We used to say auto repair isn’t like buying bananas, you can’t buy it by the pound. it’s definitely worth paying the price for quality work. And as a former owner it’s great business to take the extra step for your loyal and understanding customers.

IMG_0316.JPG

I'll be dipt in poop :lol: There it is!

A good day at the drags :) mid 80s to low 90s, the thunderstorms not too far in the distance in the hill country had me somewhat concerned. Those were the obvious ones, behind me, the going home direction they were building too and I did get a wee little bit of one on the way home. 360 entries in all the categories, some of them were in 2 or three with the same hot rod. Glad I made the trip :D

IMG_0283.JPG

Tony Foti today

fc7b4a636c2fbc120805a4f2619f8c49--model-car-expo.jpg

Tony Foti in the past. I think the first time I saw this crew was either Irwindale or OCIR in the early 70s. Probably a "retired" LAPD Detective now :lol:.

Soooo bad news. Looks like my T56 will have to come fully apart before I can get it bolted together for mock up. PO had pulled the plate and knocked the shift rail out of its hole,

th?id=OIP.jpg

This guy is an attraction at our Elk's rodeo, just saw him last night. Fun to watch if you like X Games type stuff. Got a text from my homie at the rodeo tonight "Moto jumper ate s%^t" . No bus ride required, yet. :realcrazy:

And I’m back. Woke up by a severe thunderstorm. You know, when we had ZERO percent forecasted so we decided to cut the hay.

Morning FABO caffeine dealers. Last day for MITP.
Had a GREAT BBQ hosted by Ramie and his lovely wife last night.
Just what we needed, hamburgers, fixins, and adult beverages.
Ramie’s two knucklehead pups were awesome entertainment.
A good time had by all.

Last edited:
Hell no the truck is still killing me. Did pick up that tester yesterday. Way nicer than I thought it would be. Ron and I were like kids in a candy store it was in a closed machine shop. Everything was for sale! Had to take it easy for sure.

Wow everything for sale...what else did you guys haul out??

A MT 2 drill bit for me and Ron got a bag of small good bits. There was a bit of stuff in there, not a full shop by any means but EVERYTHING was for sale.

-
Back