Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I personally built every structure on this property. You can be sure, I check everything....LOL.. ..:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Got a man here now, cleaning carpets in the apartment. 3 rooms, cheap....Good Guy..
IMG_20190626_180953.jpg

I think I got my months mixed up but there's nothing wrong with having some Oktoberfest in June.

20190626_174633.jpg

Long day. My first conference call was at 7 am and the last one of the day ended at 7 pm.

My wife took my daughter and some of her friends to our local favorite pizza place and is bringing back a nice Philly mushroom cheese steak for me.

These guys were around when I was a kid and are still the best around here. Oh yeah...did I forget to say beer too?

“Pinocchio’s Restaurant was established in 1955 and has since become a family tradition as well as a staple within the community. Pinocchio’s was the first Pizzeria in Delaware County and is the oldest restaurant in Media, PA. Pinocchio’s is a family restaurant going back 3 generations. The award-winning Beer Garden To Go was added in 2009 and offers over 1,000 varieties of craft beer as well as domestics and imports.”

Good Evening All! I worked the only day I'm working this week, headed to a family reunion in Eastern Oregon tomorrow, be back Sunday.

I need to cut my grass (weeds).
Long weekend coming up,i should pick away at the parts closest to house and driveway.

In all my life of farming and fixing fence, I’ve never seen or even heard of what happened today. Got home and went out to start putting the fencing on the new post we’d dug in over the weekend.

Remember me saying the ground water table was 12-18 inches down, it’s now just 6-8 inches and all those 10 ft, 8 inch diameter posts we’d put in, they’ve all been pushed upwards at least a foot and a few out of the ground completely. I’m guessing hydraulic pressures from the abnormally high ground water. It’s also done it on some of our older fence posts that have been in the ground for years.

In all my life of farming and fixing fence, I’ve never seen or even heard of what happened today. Got home and went out to start putting the fencing on the new post we’d dug in over the weekend.

Remember me saying the ground water table was 12-18 inches down, it’s now just 6-8 inches and all those 10 ft, 8 inch diameter posts we’d put in, they’ve all been pushed upwards at least a foot and a few out of the ground completely. I’m guessing hydraulic pressures from the abnormally high ground water. It’s also done it on some of our older fence posts that have been in the ground for years.
Wood floats.

Could explain your septic system problems too. The leach field is probably flooded as well. Just no place for the water to go.

I have seen water holding tanks pop out of the ground. People let them get low when ground is saturated.
Worst one, a 10 foot round tank,guy pumped it out to clean it. The whole tank came out.

Could explain your septic system problems too. The leach field is probably flooded as well. Just no place for the water to go.
That’s what I’m thinking. I’m kind of worried about ours. We had it pumped out in March before all this started

Rock farm story. Parent company also owned a fairly good sized public works seeking construction outfit. One fall the destruction division has a portable rock plant in the area they need to stash away for the winter. "Take it to Sisquoc. Nobody ever looks out there." We mined the river bed when it was available but also had 2 pits out of the river, but every bit as deep as the river bottom. Some years the water level would get the low spots in the pits, some not. Destruction division shows up with their junk and takes it to the LOWEST part of the pit, leaves it and hauls *** for home. I had a bad feeling about it the first time I saw where they left it. Winter comes on and it was an average one to us, the river never flowed, but the water table came up a huge amount. "Boss, we should think about getting that plant out of the pit. At least move it to higher ground." "That's where they left it. That's where it's staying." A week later there are puddles in the low spots and there has been no new rain. I got the same response. Their problem now. I made sure I had dry clothes in the pickup after that. When the water got to about 3' deep under that iron they decided to move it. Took me and 2 loaders all day to fish it out. Took the mechanics all night to change out the hydraulic and trans oils from running under water for so long. They were not happy. All that nonsense because they didn't want the county to see that plant on the property. A "not even duct tape can fix stupid moment". :rofl:

Rock farm story. Parent company also owned a fairly good sized public works seeking construction outfit. One fall the destruction division has a portable rock plant in the area they need to stash away for the winter. "Take it to Sisquoc. Nobody ever looks out there." We mined the river bed when it was available but also had 2 pits out of the river, but every bit as deep as the river bottom. Some years the water level would get the low spots in the pits, some not. Destruction division shows up with their junk and takes it to the LOWEST part of the pit, leaves it and hauls *** for home. I had a bad feeling about it the first time I saw where they left it. Winter comes on and it was an average one to us, the river never flowed, but the water table came up a huge amount. "Boss, we should think about getting that plant out of the pit. At least move it to higher ground." "That's where they left it. That's where it's staying." A week later there are puddles in the low spots and there has been no new rain. I got the same response. Their problem now. I made sure I had dry clothes in the pickup after that. When the water got to about 3' deep under that iron they decided to move it. Took me and 2 loaders all day to fish it out. Took the mechanics all night to change out the hydraulic and trans oils from running under water for so long. They were not happy. All that nonsense because they didn't want the county to see that plant on the property. A "not even duct tape can fix stupid moment". :rofl:
Seem a guy do that once with a Case IH combine. Brand new. It started raining while he was harvesting, so he parked it. Never came back for it. It rained all week and the creek started coming up, we called him multiple times because he’d locked it or we’d just moved it for him. Water came up, ground got soft. Sinkhole happened right under it, sinking it up to the cab. Took two big *** cranes to yank it out, 4 months later

-
Back